So was the LSU defense really that suspect?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Dec 13, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Removing the Ole Miss game, which was truly an anomaly, we end up with:

318.6 ypg

Good for a tie for 17th in the nation with....

Alabama.

2. BP

BP Founding Member

What about scoring?

tzanghi likes this.
  3. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

Yes it was...compared to our talent and potential. Play the playoffs like you ended the SEC slate and it won’t matter. The book is not yet written on this defense. I believe our best is yet to come.

4. BP

BP Founding Member

You also have to look at who we played. LSU's SOS is around 11th in the nation. The teams we played have pretty good talent as well. Bama, Florida, Auburn, A&M, Georgia have all had good recruiting classes the last few years. Not like LSU's talent is slam dunk ahead of everyone else.

ParadiseiNC and islstl like this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Delpit is showing signs of last years form. Vincent is much improved. The lines are disrupters. The LB are cleaning up the runs in gaps and covering the edges. Couldnt happen at a better time. My only complaint is we waste blitz pressure by coming in too close to the edge, giving TEs a 2 for 1.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

We'll find out for sure Dec. 28 in Atl. I hope our guys are not sleeping on this game, because its going to be a dogfight. OU is the team nobody's talking about when there are only 4 left. That's going to be a pissed off opponent.

7. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

The D was not up to LSU standards. However, they are rounding into shape at the right time. It's beginning to look like the D we expected coming into the season. Stingley and Fulton are exceptional cover guys, they shut down whoever they're guarding. Outside of the first 2-4 games Fulton has been lights out. When rushing, Chaisson is consistently in the backfield. Brooks is going to be big time once he adds some weight and size. Overall, the D is peaking at the right time.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

We might not be talking about Oklahoma but you can bet your last dollar that Oeaux and the coaching staff is.

ParadiseiNC and islstl like this.
  9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

They came through when they needed to.. And having an offense like we have this season took a lot of pressure off of them.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. didit

didit Veteran Member

Make hurts beat us with his arm and we win... The question is, how much holding will the refs let them get away with when he scrambles... If they don't get the bama treatment, I don't think ou stands a chance...

islstl and furduknfish like this.