So, what do you guys-N-gals think are the chances

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by HectorSpectre, Apr 11, 2008.

1. HectorSpectre

HectorSpectre Founding Member

of USC and LSU hooking up in 2008?

I was sorry we didn't hold up our end of the bargain in '07 with Stanford ... arghhh.

Not necessarily referring the the BCS MNC game here either Way too early to be assuming who will be there just yet.

I know lots of Tigers want a piece of us and it's very much a mutual thing, but I don't see the stars aligning in any obvious way in '08.

Anyway, is it out of the question that LSU will take the SEC crown? (Maybe, but I'd like to hear what you think.)

Is the SEC West hardware LSU's to lose? (I think so.)

So this means maybe we meet in a BCS game someplace other than the MNC game?

It's hard to imagine USC won't be in the Rose again. Is there any chance, if you guys finish #2 in the SEC, a trip West would be attractive, or is the SEC #2 a lock for some other bowl?

Anyway, lots of questions and maybe too many ... but I'd love to hear any responses.

Thanks in advance.

:911: <<<< I love this icon, BTW. Hat tip!

1 person likes this.
  2. Berge

Berge Founding Member

This would require the nearly-perfect situation that both LSU and UGA were in the past two years of being the most talented team in their division, but not going to the SECCG.

So, LSU would need to lose early in the season, with Auburn going to the SECCG, then work our way back up the polls.

The problem is the loser of the UGA-Florida game will be poised to be highly ranked at the end of the season.

I would say the chances of LSU in a BCS bowl game are low.

Consider this example:

LSU finishes 10-2 with losses to UGA and Auburn. UGA goes 11-1 with a loss to Florida, and goes to the NC. Florida is also 10-2 with losses to LSU and Tennessee.

The Sugar Bowl spot is open for a second SEC school. They would most likely take Florida over LSU because we have been in New Orleans two straight years.

3. HectorSpectre

I see what you mean.

Looks like the "clash" may have to wait for another time. :thumb:

4. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

if both LSU and USC step up to the plate and schedule a regular season game..

i wouldn't mind seeing the baseball teams go head-to-head either

5. HectorSpectre

I agree that a home and home two-game series, would be sweet.

1 person likes this.
  6. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Our chances of meeting on the football field are always slim.

Our best chance is for a home and home series, but as far out as those are scheduled you'll never know that both USC and LSU will have strong teams during the series.

Just about the only way we could meet on the field would be in the BCS NCG.

I don't think our conferences have matching bowl tie-ins.

But wouldn't that be some battle?? Especially in a bowl game while both teams are healthy, at a neutral site of course.

:crystal::geaux::crystal::geaux::crystal:

7. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

Didn't we beat their asses enough in the 90's? Although they did single handedly keep us from winning three straight in '98.

And ask Mark Prior if he knows who Brad Hawpe is.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Both teams have a legit chance at getting to the BCS championship game in 08.

9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

USC isn't the one preventing this meeting- they're a phone call away. ;)

Shhh, we can barely grab our asses with both hands right now in baseball.

Legit? I'd say very likely with USC. Posted this in another thread but I think we, on the other hand, have a much better chance than many believe. Glad to see you're being optimistic for a change. :wink:

Hector, there's more of a chance I meet you next year if our family's plans to fly to Hawaii don't change- and I see no reason they would. Bring a footbaw, we'll play it out on the beach just you and me. :hihi:

10. Chip82

Chip82 Founding Member

LSU and UGA did not play during the past two years and Auburn will not play Florida this year.

The East champion will probably win at least 7 SEC games.

With LSU playing both Florida and Georgia this season, I figure that the West is going to be a log jam until the last week of the season and will end with a tie-breaker.

I honestly don't see LSU going to a BCS bowl game this year unless they win the SEC CG again and end the regular season with a record of 11-2 or better.

1 person likes this.