So what happens after Lee finally gets in the Auburn game next week

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 17, 2010.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Seriously.
    Did I just read a 10-2 season is "Disappointing" and "Settling" ????
    "10-2 season would be a good season, not great"

In the SEC.....

WOW I have seen it all.
    Maybe you should throw away all your 2007 National Title stuff. Since i recall a very similar record that year.....

2. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Les will start JJ against Auburn to spite the fan base that booed him (CLM) when Miles pulled Lee out in favor of an ice cold JJ. I don't know what kinda deal Les has that he feels compelled to play this kid, a feeling that his best days are ahead of him. The offense is simply producing under Lee who happens to be the hot QB right now. It is criminally insane to remove your hot QB from the game because you have sworn allegiance to the other QB. Remove all bias from the fan base and look at this situation, the stats and the production simply all point to playing Lee. Further, Lee successfully ran a read-option last night.

For whatever unknown reason, Les wants JJ to be the leader of the team. When they came out of the tunnel, JJ was right up Les' backside (kinda like my PIA dog when he wants something from me). Peterson, as the leader of the defense, deservedly, was right up in the front. I sure wish we could be a fly on the wall and get a better understanding of the insanity that is CLM. I'm fine with having convictions, but not to the detriment of others.

3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

10-2 won't get us to the NCG this year. We're in prime position to make it there right now. Every decision is critical. Which is why everyone is baffled that Miles is insisting on playing JJ. Splitting reps is only hurting JLee's progression.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

While you may be right, that is still an assumption. Perhaps, splitting reps is fueling JLee's improvement. Who knows? Maybe it drives him and focuses him to come in and demonstrate he is better. Maybe he declines once he is simply the starter. Maybe not. Hopefully, the coaches, who are professionals and paid to make these decisions, will see the same glaring observations that the offense is better under JLee and continue to increase his reps/series, and eventually let him start, and hopefully he responds to this increase responsibility and continues to play well. He is far from perfect yet, too, though. He was close to a bad INT last night throwing off the back of his foot to TT near the end zone. If he steps into that throw and puts a little more air on the ball over TT and let him run under it, it's a TD. Just sayin', more reps also means more opportunity for mistakes. When he is pressured, he tends to do that - throw off the back of his foot. And, you better believe that teams will begin going back to game film when he was starting and throwing pick sixes and try to pressure him into those again now that they are seeing him getting more and more PT. Again, based on production so far this year, he deserves to get more PT than JJ and should be the starter, but it is no guaro'ntee that he responds the way everyone is thinking. I hope he continues to direct the offense the way he has so far as his PT increases, that's for sure!

5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

That's exactly what I've been saying. We should have given Lee the entire game to WORK OUT MISTAKES. Instead we split the reps with JJ and now we're going into the Auburn game with our main driving QB STILL not having played an entire game in 2 years.

Splitting reps stops JLee from getting into any type of rhythm with the offense. Especially that dumb crap Miles tried to pull last night taking Lee out on 3rd and inches, then once getting a penalty, asking him to go back in and throw on 3rd and long.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

What some of you fail to realize is the experiment was on going last night against a team that was basically a glorified scrimmage. I have a feeling the experiment is over. The coaching staff HAS to see that Lee is more productive than Jefferson. As much as Miles despised the two QB system he HAS to see that Lee is the better of the two.

Lee got his stripes verses Florida. he is ready...Jefferson was given one more chance last night and blew it.

2 people like this.
  7. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Yes! What I have termed "The Staccato Offense" on another post.

8. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

What makes you think Miles will change his mind now? He's 7-0 and is sticking it to the LSU faithful to show them he knows more than we do.

I agree with OP that we could be in deep trouble if Miles remains committed to this system especially next week.

9. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

He's not talking doom and gloom .. he is talking reality. The game could come down to the several missed opportunities where we play JJ. As he noted ... JJ plays first two series like yesterday, we find ourselves in the hole by 14.

Not a good strategy.

Play Lee .... from start to finish. Let Ridley and Ford do the running, with the occassional "play" by JJ ... but no complete series.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

when Lee finally gets in the game Saturday against Auburn, I think all we can hope for is that we aren't behind on the scoreboard because of Jordan Jefferson. Seriously, I am a Miles defender, and I will continue to support Les Miles, but I cannot support this move. Jordan Jefferson has shown absolutely nothing. He can score with his feet within the 5 yard line, and he had 1 big run vs. Tennessee. Other than that, he gives you NOTHING!!!!! What he does with his legs, LSU could do with about 3 other players. Russell Shepard, Spencer Ware, and Rueben Randle, although Spencer and Rueben haven't practiced at quarterback, but Shepard has. The only other things that Jefferson give you, is his slight ability to throw the ball. So you kind of have to be a little honest, but, you can cheat to the run on Defense against Jefferson, because his accuracy has been crap this year. The last thing he gives you is purely from a coaching and preparation stand point, where you have to spend some of your time during the week preparing for Jordan Jefferson.

Honestly though, Jefferson just keeps getting worse. Just when you think he has turned a corner, he is horrible the following week.

1 person likes this.