So what happens after Lee finally gets in the Auburn game next week

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 17, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Miles may have given us a clue in his post game comments. Where he says our passing game must get better, we have to get it into a rhythm. A rhythm can only be achieved with a 1QB system.

2. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

i really hope this is what happens.

I have supported Jefferson all season until after the Tennessee game and I like Miles so i agree with everything you just said.

3. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

As much as I'd like to agree with you, he continues to give those who disagree with you ammunition. The most obvious examples are Ole Miss and Tennessee. The way he sticks with Jordan Jefferson is further evidence. If he winds up getting fired next year or the year after, he'll have no one to blame but himself.

4. Jackson

Jackson Tiger in NC

Lee got his stripes verses Florida. he is ready...Jefferson was given one more chance last night and blew it.[/QUOTE]

I am so hoping you and others on this thread are correct in that Les has to make the move NOW. The stats breakdown from another poster showing the production of JLee vs. JJ tells the story. Les thinks JLee benefits from watching the defense for a couple of series and getting a feel for what they are doing against our offense, and perhaps that is true. However, given what is going on with JJ's regression, I just don't think we can 'throw away' a couple of series to start the game against a hot Auburn team. Also, if JLee can lead pressure-packed fourth quarter drives as he has on two occasions, I believe he can handle starting the game. Having said all that, I will believe it when I see it that Les will actually turn to JLee to start and leave JJ on the bench. I just don't know that he can turn off that stubborn streak.
    :geaux:

5. armybass

armybass Founding Member

I am so hoping you and others on this thread are correct in that Les has to make the move NOW. The stats breakdown from another poster showing the production of JLee vs. JJ tells the story. Les thinks JLee benefits from watching the defense for a couple of series and getting a feel for what they are doing against our offense, and perhaps that is true. However, given what is going on with JJ's regression, I just don't think we can 'throw away' a couple of series to start the game against a hot Auburn team. Also, if JLee can lead pressure-packed fourth quarter drives as he has on two occasions, I believe he can handle starting the game. Having said all that, I will believe it when I see it that Les will actually turn to JLee to start and leave JJ on the bench. I just don't know that he can turn off that stubborn streak.
    :geaux:[/QUOTE]

Great post and good insight. I have not heard the opinion that Les is letting JL get a good look at the D but if it is true, it is the only thing that makes sense but I think I would rather him get the look from under center.

6. SonnyLoco

SonnyLoco Founding Member

I hope you are right...but something inside me tells me I will be remembering this post when Les Miles names JJ the starter again this week. Here's to hope for Les Miles to have a long hard chat with CAPTAIN OBVIOUS this week go with the voice of good reason this week and here on out.

I can smell a NC right now...and I feel JJ is hindering us more than he helps us. Hate it for the kid...but he just doesn't have what it takes.

7. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

You make an interesting point here. I am not rushing to JL's defense here but to me it seems that JL must be sending the "I am not ready to lead coach" signals. His confidence was shattered but is resilient no doubt. If there is any rational/validity to this, perhaps they need to get a shrink in the coaching staff asap.

8. lsuforever

lsuforever Founding Member

:geaux:[/QUOTE]

I believe that JL has already earned the starting job....it is his to take upon with confidence. Going through recent CLM's press comments on the QB situation, there is subtle truth to this perhaps in the ways on his Lesisms!

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Jefferson had the best game of his college life against Auburn last year at home. He has played decent away from Death Valley this season, with the exception of Vandy. Hopefully the gameplan has changed dramatically since. We are going to see Jefferson play, there is no doubt in my mind. I guess the question is, can the young man do enough without doing anything for Auburn.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Do you really think Auburn will score 17 points on its first 3 possessions? Someone lives in fantasyland!