So what happens after Lee finally gets in the Auburn game next week

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 17, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

That's the rub.

Miles has no sense of in game management, we all know that.

It's a 2 series for JJ, 2 for Lee, back with JJ, etc. It's scripted and the score of the game or circumstances does not seem to be altering any of it. That's pretty sad.

2. islstl

I could have given details, so here it goes.

Auburn takes the opening kickoff and has a nice return. They get down to the 30 before being stopped and kick a FG.

JJ on 3rd and 13 (they don't respect our passing game, so our running game is stuffed on the first 2 plays), gets hit after waiting entirely too long in the pocket, fumbles and Auburn recovers at the LSU 6. Auburn scores on a 6 yard drive.

On the very next possession, on 3rd an 9, JJ throws a pick 6.

Auburn 17-0.

Jarrett Lee enters the game AS SCRIPTED.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

One thing we have going for us, is that the SEC officials screwed the pooch so bad in this past game at Auburn, surely they cannot give Auburn the game 2 weeks in a row. But then again.......

4. islstl

That's the very last thing you can count on in this contest. We're going to have 1 or 2 blatantly missed calls and will have to deal with it.

5. LaSalleAve

As long as those calls don't cost us 14 points like they did for Arkansas.

6. islstl

They just might.

7. LaSalleAve

how many times have we been bent over and fu**ed by the zebras in that state in the last 10 years? 3? 4 times?

8. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

To finish my thought from the other day, no I am not saying that I would settle for a 10-2 season. What I am saying is that most, if not all, LSU fans didn't expect us to be 7-0 at this point in the season. Most thought we would be 6-1 maybe 5-2. Which was my thought as well, chalking the UF game up as a loss. In my preseason predictions I thought we would go 10-2, with losses to UF and probably AU, winning the rest ending up with a 10-2 season.

My thoughts were, and still are, that if we could go 10-2, and go 3-2 against the big 5, (AU, UF, Bama, Ark, Ole Miss), that would be a good season. I am not going to change my thought process of what would be a good season just because to this point we have exceeded that. If you go back and look at the preseason threads to what most of us thought, the majority thought 10-2 to 9-3 would be what this team would accomplish this season.

I am not going to change my perception of how good this team is or isn't just because we have exceeded what I thought, nor am I going to ridicule the coaching should he not be able to get this team to continue to exceed my expectations.

That said, I , like most LSU fans have gotten my sights set on an SECC and on to a MNC, at this point. Which would be a GREAT SEASON. We are in position to achieve those goals and I would love nothing more than for us to obtain them. And yes, it would suck if we fall short of that due to this coaches hard headedness, and unwillingness to go with what is obvious to most as the best option for QB.

Will it be the end of the world should we end up 10-2, missing out on the big picture? NO. Will it be very disappointing to miss out on the big picture, when the possibility of capturing it could be right there on the sidelines? You BET.

I'm not settling, just being realistic in that I am ok should this team live up to what I anticipated they would. :geaux:

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

lord, i hope you are right. but we all know miles and his coach speak. he says it, we want to believe it, then it wont happen. i hope i am wrong in this instance.

and i hope coramprat (eff this no multi-quote) is right in that saturday was jj's chance in a lessor situation to show he could get it together but failed and the coaches now see that. if they dont, we are in deep doo doo.

10. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Miles will play jj. Jj will suck. Even if lee comes in and leads us to victory on the final play of the game jj will still start aginst ala and that will not change. Miles will not destroy jj after pumping him up so much over the last two years. Remember the look on jj's face when he was pulled out aginst tenn the first time. No one can tell me jj will take a benching gracefully. Miles is winning without benching jj and will hope his luck doesn't run dry. What do you think chief thinks of all this. He has made a championship defense to have his chances squandered by a hard headed head coach that won't play the winning qb for the sake of the lesser one