So when will African-Americans become "unhoodwinked" by the Clintons?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Feb 8, 2016.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

yep I agree, stop aligning with your goddamn political party and be honest....all these fucks can go to hell

el005639 likes this.
  2. islstl

Clinton now owing about a 3:1 margin in the black vote over Sanders.

My prediction is that narrows to 60:40 by the SC primary.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Winston1 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Bernie will promise them more free stuff

5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

I understand your question as it appears the Rs have no desire to accept African Americans as a group to their party. However they should give it a real long term effort. It seems to me that the core principles of conservatism is more in line with traditional African American values than the Ds.
    It is more the embrace of the old line Southern Dixiecrats that has turned them sour as is understandable. Who wants to join a party your not welcome in.
    It would take time and effort to do but if the Rs gave African Americans a rue choice I think they would reap huge electoral rewards.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There is a huge sect of people R's could convert if they weren't social retards.

islstl and Winston1 like this.
  7. islstl

I wholeheartedly agree with that.

Plenty of african americans view the Democrat party as morally bankrupt on social issues, but they still won't vote Republican at about a 9:1 clip.

8. MLUTiger

That should tell you a lot about Republicans, but it doesn't.

9. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Tells me a lot about you, but I knew it already. At least you like good music

10. MLUTiger

I get that you like firing off insults. Eventually it would be nice to see you take a position based on reason, though. I would expect as much from a "Staff Member" here on TF.com.

Black People vote Democrat because historically Republicans have been racist as hell. Very little over the last three decades has been done to dissuade people of that opinion. In fact, the last decade has only cemented it. The Clintons made a bad decision in regards to mandatory minimums. Unlike most politicians, they have admitted to their mistake and expressed regret over making it. This kind of willingness to be vulnerable in an arena that exposes and magnifies such mistakes gives people a sense of empathy coming from the Clintons, legitimate or not. The GOP has yet to even attempt something like this, much less show a desire to even care. Maybe the Clintons don't care, maybe they do. One thing is for certain: Republicans sure as hell don't. Instead they continue to do things like make it more difficult to vote, undermine social programs because of the social stigma that this is an abuse of tax revenue by mostly black people and fight for their right to display symbols of bigotry and oppression.

sunnyjim likes this.