So, who contributes next year??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by J_Oats, Feb 6, 2003.

1. J_Oats

J_Oats Founding Member

OL - I've got both offensive lineman redshirting.

WR - Amp hill will probably get some playing time, on par with what Bennie Brazzel got this year, the other recievers will redshirt.

RB - I think Justin Vincent will play, maybe even start. The other two running backs will redshirt, if they qualify.

QB - I think Jamarcus will contend for a job, but in the end, I think the fact that he is still a freshman in the SEC, means he will redshirt this year, along with matt flynn(who I think will compete for a starting job, he seems like a good player)

TE - Zinger, the TE, will redshirt.

DL - I actually think all but 1 of the DL recruits will redshirt. I think Carnell stewart will play, because of his versatility

LB - I expect Ken Hollis to start at MLB, and I expect Kirston Pittman to start at SAM linebacker, because of his rushing ability.

DB - Laron Landry may play special teams, and daryl johnson the same.

I've got 7 freshman getting some kind of playing time, 20 redshirting or not qualifying. What do you think

Also, what do you think of the shoes. I'm looking to go into business with someone on the LSU campus, if your interested, email me. Go to the classified page on this website, i posted a little info about them.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

They look like bedroom slippers to me. Of course, I am over 50.:p

3. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Freshman Players

If Bowe is eligible he will play. He was the MVP of the special team at his HS. Someone who has seen him play predicted that he will be returning punts as well as kickoffs.
    Judging from the problems we have had, the last few years when Davis was not available to return kicks, I would not doubt that Bowe will be the man. He is a tremedous athlete, good field vision, hard to tackle, and soft hands. Sounds like a great special teams player to me.
    Did I mention that he is 6'4" and will weigh close to 220 lbs by the time he wears the Purple and Gold.

4. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I think Laron Landry could see some time on the field in the secondary along with a bunch of Special Team minutes...

5. roygu

roygu Founding Member

roygu

After listening to Fisher tonight on WWL, I think that Russell is going to get a chance to play next year. He will not start, but if something happens to the starter, say mid season, then I believe one of the Freshmen will be in contention.
    Fisher emphasized that Russell has size, strength, poise, confidence and accuracy with his throws.
    Do you know a quarterback at LSU that fits that description?

Don't know if you guys heard Fisher or not but he mentioned that all the funning backs, Edwards, Broussard, Jordan, and Francis(if he plays runnig back) have great hands. Some were questioning the signing of Francis, with all the other great athletes available, but Fisher was very high on Francis. Said he could do it all, run, catch, or tackle if he plays defense and he has great speed.
    Fisher mentioned that Broussard was a big shouldered back that weighed much more than the listed 225 lbs. He said it was not fat but muscle. Broussard ran a sub 4.5 at the LSU camp. Jordan ran a sub 4.6

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

LSU went for three top quarterbacks because we absolutely needed a future starter out of the bunch. I think one of the QBs will be redshirted, but one of them will see playing time. This not only staggers the QB class a year, but more importantly it starts the process of getting his SEC game experience underway.

One of these freshmen is expected to start in 2004. He may or may not get some starts in late 2003, but will definitely see significant playing time in my opinion.

I also think that Jordan, the fullback, might see some playing time if he's got the right stuff. We've needed a top blocking back who can also carry the ball for years. We need a FB who is automatic for 1 yard when you need it on 4th down.

7. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Re: Freshman Players

I have to disagree with the ppl who you got returning kicks and punts. I think the 2 kick returners will be Shyrone Carey and Skylor Green and the punt returner will be Shyrone Carey w/ Skylor Green the Back up.

8. roygu

roygu Founding Member

Kick returner

I have no idea who will return punts but I know in the past three years, when Davis was out, it was an adventure every time we received a punt. You can bet it will be one of the most surehanded guys on the team.
    In regards to Carey, he hasn't proven he can stay healthy yet. He also drops a lot of passes thrown his way.

Kick returners may be Greene and Henderson. Henderson was paired with Davis until his injury.

9. I anxious to see all the new guys but I'm also very interested to see how Skyler Green does. He didnt see the ball much this year but was very impressive when he did get it.