So who starts next weekend?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dothantiger, Sep 18, 2004.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

ahh yes For Russel for russel giggle giggle tee hee :dis: there goes the love fest for JR. :dis: again. Re -write your last sentence ( 1st paragraph) and change the last word to LSU TIGERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS this isnt Jamarcus State its LOUISIANA STATE!

get a clue Jamarcus SUCKED, no one dropped a bunch of balls, he sucked, plain out stunk. he threw behind the recievers, he over threw them trying to put "touch" on the ball, and he threw the ball way too hard when he was accurate. I re-watched it and saw your pass that early should have caught and several others. bottom line JR isnt ready to be QB.
    and at this point I'm not so sure Randall is either. Randall just doesn't do well when the defense gets after him, it rattles him. ( see fumble )

We need to do better at keeping the other team off our QB's.

Last year's O line was better. but that's history. Mauck made some mistakes when the other team's D rattled his cage too, but they couldn't do it very often. And alot of times when they did, he made the play anyway. it went about 50/50. I always grimaced last year during a busted play, because I never knew if Mauck was gonna put one up into coverage for a pick or make a scramble for a great gain.

This year we have problems, QB's aren't as good as Matt was, the line needs to step up their pass protection, I saw both QB's gettin WAY too much pressure from the defense. And no I'm not going to credit a good auburn defense rush. We should be able to hold any team off us with the O line we have.

Jamarcus and Randall...
    They both looked good agaisnt Ark State, and Randall had a good drive today. That's about as positive as it gets. TO SAY there was anything more would be lunacy.

IF YOU REALLY think JR should start and is SO much better than MR, then you would want to give him the best opp0rtunity possible. :dis: a good O line with TIME to Throw!

If JR or MR either one was soooo much better than the other one and it was sooooo obvious as you Jamarcus jock straps say it is..... Ok this is gonna make sense so be careful ....... get a clue here................. WE WOULDNT BE HAVING A QB CONTREVERSY. My god Stevie wonder can see this......

No one ever critisizes the O line. Well here it is folks, 90% of your QB errors is due to, PANIC. keep them nice and warm and comfy back there and they'll both do great, like agaisnt Ark St.

I do think we need to develop QB's that can handle some pressure and not "choke" like these two seem prone to do.
    :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob: :sob:

I guess I cant complain, if I had a 280 lb DB running me down, I'd panic too. :shock:

2. stamant79

stamant79 Founding Member

Islstl

I agree with you but last year we had an offense that could throw the ball which softens up the defense which opens up holes. this year so far, we are one demensional. Until that changes we are easy to defend against and the running lanes for JV will not be there.

If we find our passing game the numbers for Jv will increase because the D will have to respect the fact that we might pass the ball until then WE ARE SCREWED

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

We are a lot more one-dimensional with Randall in the game. That's painfully obvious. Russell stretches the defense big time. He just needs to get more and more confidence back there. That comes with experience. Experience we need him to get. Starting with MSU this coming weekend.

Auburn's defensive coordinator would have been fired on the spot had he let LSU's offense score any more points than they did with Randall in the game.

4. stamant79

As far as the QB controversy just ask yourself one question. Which QB has the potential to get better given that both are playing on the same level as some have said. The 5 YEAR SENIOR OR THE FRESHMAN...

It should be obvious

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Islstl and JSracingBBF

This is the problem we have and thats why its called a QB controversy.
    It is an unfortunate situation.

Nick is doing the right thing, playing both the guys but:
    Neither guy is a starter right now or should be.

They both have been inconsistant so far.
    Against OSU MR wasn't good
    Against OSU JR was better.

Against AU Randall was good to start but was benched when he was hot.
    Against AU Russell struggled for most of the game, he had that beautiful
    pass in his first series in the 1st qtr but that was about it.

I noticed today the MR has trouble throwing the ball wide on the outside which looks like JR's strength.

MR can throw the short passes with more accuracy and touch than JR can.

Just my 2 cents...
    I just think MR should start everygame along with Broussard until our passing
    game is better.
    If MR is hot stick with him if not put Russell in.

Both QB's are inconsistant, thats why both has to play and you stick with
    whichever guy gets hot or is able to put some drives together.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Sourdough, you need to be an arbitrator, you would be fantastic at it. :thumb:

7. stamant79

I think I can put all of this in perspective. If we all really knew what we were talking about we would be making 2.4 mill a year : :confused:

8. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

I will be extremely surprised if MR does not start next week. Furthermore, if he leads them to a score, I will be extremely surprised if he doesn't come back for the second series. And, as long as he keeps moving the team, he will stay in the game until the Tigers have a comfortable margin. Then JR will play. That's what I see in my crystal ball, anyway.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He could probably get the Israelis and the Palestinians to lay down their weapons and join together in singing Kumbaya. :hihi:

10. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Get rid of the 2 qb system. Let JR take the snaps in practice like a starter would. Jump his butt when he doesn't run the offense the way it should and let him improvise we needed. But sending peoplein motion when they ae suppose to be is crutial to getting people where they need to be.

RB I have been talking up AB since before the season and still think he should be getting the majority of the carries. to the 75 % ofthe carreis tune. Next get somebody to run back punts and kickoff so we can start winning the field position battle.

Where is this speed from X MAN. he looks scared to run.

Bowe / Docet / Davis/ Green/ Carter/ and JR need to get the timing down.