So you are the Redskins GM

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by shane0911, Sep 21, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

What do you do with RG3 now that you have a real QB in K. Cousins. That kid is balling. This is why I'm not big on these light the world on fire hot shot college QB's. It is too easy to get a great QB that can actually play in the league in the later rounds for much better value. Hell, look at the kid from Iowa that lit up the 49's today.

I think RG3 just lost his job. I'd trade him for the best I could get, maybe a couple of 2nd round picks.

GregLSU likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you trade him if for no other reason he will never stay on the field. Hell, he wasnt even touched and dislocated his ankle.

Stanton played at Mich St. Ive always liked him but hes had about 100 knee surgeries and also cant stay healthy. Arizona is legit with Bruce Arians at hc. This guy knows what hes doing. He won 10 games with carson palmer behind center.

also i do not believe its easy to get a great qb. Its very, very difficult. mccown, ej manuel, geno smith, brian hoyer, henne, locker, carr, etc are the norm despite the few stars. Saints lose brees and they are a sub-500 team. that other mccown wont be getting it done any time soon either.

3. shane0911

Well look what the cat dragged in.

Ok I probably should not have used great and easy. Serviceable and opportunities are there may be a better fit. The point was drafting QB high is usually not a very good bet.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

it ain't the gm, it's the owner. if snyder thinks griffin and those subway commercials sells tickets then it's griffin

5. tirk

if he can get rgminus3 to do a subway commercial with a headdress that may solve one of his problems.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. tirk

it may not be a good bet but thats due to hype. too many owners buy into it. you HAVE to take a qb if your evaluation tells you hes a star. but you better be right. you only win with star qbs in this league. unless youre trent dilfer. without them, not much else matters.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. shane0911

True, my point was I could make a list of QB's from top to bottom (my opinion of course) and list a bunch of names before I get to RG3 and plenty of them were 3rd round or later draft picks.

8. tirk

also for the last 2 years Ive come to the realization that tom brady is done. its pained me to do so.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Cut him, he's shit. You won't get anything for him, cut bait now.

Robert Griffin the turd is a terrible qb who was injury prone in college. He shouldn't have won the heisman and he sucks as an NFL qb. He's done.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

3 Superbowls in his first 4 years. I thought he would have a couple more by now