Social Security to See Payout Exceed Pay-In This Year

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Sourdoughman, Mar 25, 2010.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Economically, you could make a case for that . . . :grin:

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Bro, put the fat boy down for a bit. Have you not read any post I have ever made in FSA? Lol, I agree with Salty as well. The Saints will win a .. uh wait, can't use that one anymore... Red will admit that he is a liberal before I side with the left on anything.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

anything?

4. shane0911

Well I guess it is possible that they may one day pull their heads out of their asses and produce one good idea. I highly doubt it though. Just talking about the liberals of course

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

ouch. you know there are some people with liberal ideals who are not career politicians who have some good ideas. just like there are some really intelligent conservative bloggers out there with some really good ideas. Its just politics. Its like as soon as someone gets elected, it becomes a job just to get re-elected, it makes me wonder if every swearing in ceremony there is some vampire sucking the soul out of everyone who wins elections.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

yes. but in dc they call them lobbyists.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I just want the government to get out of my way and let me succeed or fail on my own merit.

Liberal politicians can't understand that I don't want their help and conservatives, lately, just want my tax money for trying to fix what they broke.

Obama and the dynamic duo want to ram as much liberal crap up my a$$ as they can during their last few months of majority power.

G-- D--- those sons of bitches piss me off. :po:

8. shane0911

Very true, however that is who I thought we were talking about, the politicians. Let me be clear, there are democrats that I can get with, it is the ones on the far left that I cannot understand. Just like SF stated above, when you start thinking you know what is best for me, then ram it through just because you can, even though the majority of the country doesn't want it. Yes, then we have a problem.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It's not a new problem, its been going on for a decade or more. The real problem is that neither side speaks for The American People, despite their rhetoric, they speak for the American people in their party.

Both the republicans and the democrats each won power with small margins, not landslides that give them political mandates. But each has now exercised a small majority to leverage policies that The American People are very clearly split over. This is where compromises should be made and neither side was willing. When this happens, the majority rules. It happened under Bush and its happening under Obama.

The country actually runs best when the President and the Congressional majority are not in the same party--the Reagan early 80's and the Clinton late 90's. This FORCES them to compromise.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Dammit. I hate it when you libs keep saying this. Yes it's true, but THIS IS NOW AND IT'S A HUGE FKING PROBLEM...RIGHT NOW!!

Remember Red? The buck stops here? Remember?