Some Details in Mile's Contract

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Tiger, Nov 22, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Good luck finding a coach that will do this in the SEC.

2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

What elite coach would accept such a crap contract that punishes you by losing 50% of your salary if you lose 2 games?

People need to step away from the ledge and realize that things are NOT as bad as they may seem.

Hell, we're only 2 years removed from a NC. How many other schools can say anything close to that?

Spoiled ass fans.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

West Virginia will do us like a $2 whore if we don't fix our D by next year!

4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

How on earth do you get 'losing 50% of your salary' by losing 2 games? He gets a base pay of $2 million dollars a year. He is then rewarded X amount of money determined by the product he puts on the field. That means, if he wins the national championship or goes undefeated -- he gets $5 million dollars for the year. If his team can't get it done and he goes 9-3, he gets $2.75 million dollars for the year.

Seems like a sweet deal to me. Pay for performance, or you get stuck with the crap contract we have now.

Considering that the base pay alone is above average, it shouldn't be to difficult. How many coaches do you think would kill to have access to the talent pool that surrounds LSU? Regardless of the outcomes.. but as we are experiencing -- large buyouts are a joke.

5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

The way it was worded did not make it sound like you explained it just now. That's a better deal. . .but I still doubt elite coaches would accept it due to the SEC strings attached.

6. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Gotcha :thumb: I like the strings attached personally.. :lol:

7. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Right. Auburn gave up about 400 yards, but still won by 20. And that was with Noel Devine, who will likely be in the NFL. He attended the Travis Henry School of Parenting, and he's old for his grade. Not to mention his "mentor" is Deion Sanders, who loves giving bad advice.

Can you say gone?

You people kill me with all the ledge leaping, buncha lemmings.