Some interesting thoughts from CFN about college football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Aug 4, 2003.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

2. tigermojo

tigermojo Founding Member

Love this one. I have fond memories of seeing a rack of Charlie Alexander's jerseys on the sidelines, and him coming to the sidelines with his jersey ripped to shreds.

Agreed. Much as I loved the dizzy offense of the Rohan-Reed days, there's something so cool about a well executed option.

And with that, I have completed my first post in these here parts. Great board. :geaux:

3. Ole War Skule

Ole War Skule Founding Member

'... the NFL should be more like college football. College football shouldn't be more like the NFL.'

say no to college playoffs

4. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

Welcome tiger mojo! It's great to have another DFW area tiger on board.

5. tigermojo

Thank you. Glad to be here. This time of year my excitement starts to mount, and I was fortunate enough to happen upon this board.
    I fear my work may suffer though, what with me scouring the net for anything Tiger football related.

6. SoLa in NoIll

SoLa in NoIll Founding Member

While we're bringing back tear away jerseys, can we also bring back numbers on the sides of helmets, black shoes, and for a little early '80s effect, half jerseys with hip pads sticking out of the pants? I'm getting my mesh-backed Arnsparger hat ready...

7. texascajun

I happened upon this board and have been here ever since. It's the best one IMHO. Everybody around hear is anxious to see a guy in purple and gold put a lick on somebody. Emotions are at a fevered pitch!

8. texascajun

Throw backs are all the rage now SoLa. Whip out that mesh hat!

9. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

tiger mojo
    what part of Ft. Worth are you in. I was there for 4 years and lived on in the Benbrook area near Chapin Road

I liked the Fort Worth area and if I had to move out of BR again I would not mind moving there.

10. tigermojo

I live in the "cultural district" - heh- just off of Montgomery, near the Science Museum. But I work in Dallas. Benbrook's a great area. I used to live off of Bryant-Irving, just north of Benbrook. I doubt you would recognize the place from the staggering growth.