Some points about LSU Football Head Coach Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jul 23, 2010.

1. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

LSU Tigers (Southeastern Conference) (2005–present)2005LSU11–27–11st (West)W Chick-fil-A652006LSU11–26–22nd (West)W Sugar †332007LSU12–26–21st (West)W BCS NCG †112008LSU8–53–53rd (West)W Chick-fil-A——2009LSU9–45–32nd (West)L Capital One17172010LSU0–00–0(West)LSU:51–1527–13

One of the best if not the very best 5 years records of any LSU head coach.

CLM won his :crystal: in his 3rd year of coaching and I am sure no one can give the former coach who did a great job of turning over a great program to Les any credit for that NC.
    In his 4th year he lost his senior QB and DC. LSU didn't seem to have the same look and it concerned many. In his 5th year with a new DC and very young QB the team still didn't have the fire of the first 3 years. But to the credit of the 09 team they gave a great Bama team all they wanted. The Ole Miss loss and the poor poor side line coaching at the end of the game hit the buttons of many including me.

As we begin the 2010 season I must say I don't agree with many Tiger fans as this season starts. Many are calling coach Miles stupid and just not a good football man.
    He does not have the ability to talk real football to football coaches. My take on that is to look at his teams and just get on the field and beat him. Talk to VT about what they think about CLM as a coach.

I am going to love this season based on watching this team destroy the CLM myth!
    This is going to be Coach Miles best Tiger team. I don't have to defend that statement because only time can defend that statement. Passion is what drives the over zealous statements of the many and I can understand that. Many don't have faith in CLM and give credit to a known great coach in Nick Saban for what CLM did in 2007.

The added bonus for bashing CLM is the awesome job our former coach at Bama has done in the very 2 down years for CLM. I still enjoy Coach Saban and his brand of football. I love the fact that the Bama game is huge and the winner of LSU/Bama has a great shot at Atlanta.

The 2010 year will anchor Coach Miles into Baton Rouge and will not be his Waterloo year. It all starts on Sept 4 in Atlanta and for the Tigers it will end at Atlanta with one more SEC :champs:!!!

:tigereye:cliff

1 person likes this.
  2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Great post, I agree, it's not last year's record, but the way we looked (especially the Ole Miss game) that has LSU fans on Miles.

After the Ole Miss game, the national media and lots of other folks are down on Miles. The only way to get them off is to go out and kick some azz. Five seniors is all we have, a good season this year, and next year should be even better.

Let's hope that he does. He's proven that unlike Dinardo, he will not just stand pat. The co DC's didn't work, he made a change. The offense stunk he brought in some new coaches. The team didn't seem to play physical, he's changed the a lot of things in practice.

Recruiting is solid, and looking like this years class will be special.

I think if the fans see players being developed and playing to their potential, we'll be happy.

And your right, time will tell. I'm jazzed.

3. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

4. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

No comment.

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

love the look and feel of this team

Shep is going to make a big splash in the SEC

Our RB's are looking to be speacial

Our WR's core is looking awesome

but the only thing folk want to talk about is the Ole Miss game and the dissappointment of 2009

The Defense - you are going to tell me our DB's will not be the class of the SEC

we are going to be fast and very talented on D

the chief has had time to lay in the complete D now

Speacial Teams

who has a better FG kicker in the SEC

so much good yet BR coming off anything other than a SEC champs season is always negative

Coach is stupid and all other coaches are better

we are going to loose 5 to 6 games and coach will be fired!

then we win 5 games in a row and they shut up until futher notice

same same over and over

Geaux Tigers

I love the fact that CLM will be in BR for the next 10 years! :miles:

6. luvdimtigers

Rivals also like to claim that Miles is mediocre because we have more talent than everyone.

Bull, Fla, Bama, all have just as much talent, and right now, they're deeper than we are. IMO.

Same crap, when LSU wins, it's because of the asst. coaches and players. When they lose, it's because of Miles.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I can't wait...and I'm really looking forward to the crow eating contest by Miles' national and local media critics after he out coaches the others in the SEC. I'd really like to see him gamble on fourth down with 100%success and listen to the talking heads second guess successful plays.

I'd also like to see their faces at his press conference after we win the SEC championship game...as they try to figure out how, exactly, he's answering their questions.

Deep down inside, I really like that nonsensical guy!!! :miles: :thumb:.

9. luvdimtigers

I would enjoy it too, don't count on it though. Rival fans will have excuses if he does a good job. Just like in 2007. It was all luck, or Saban's players.

Screw um.

10. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Na this time it will be, "The players won in spite of Miles.".. :rolleye33: