Some points about LSU Football Head Coach Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jul 23, 2010.

1. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

well, you probably should have just posted this in the first place. don't make absolutely crazy assertions and then, when people shoot you down, try to backtrack to make yourself appear more moderate. trust me, i should know. :yelwink2:

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I hope we go 14-0.

3. Bandit88

Bandit88 Old Enough to Know Better

The fact that you had to post that is really funny! :lol:

4. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Since people that defend points about Miles are labeled "sunshine pumpers" or "unwilling to admit Miles' faults", and that is quite untrue...well, live with it. It's a distinction both sides make about each other. For some people it is a bit too accurate. :bncry:
    Stand behind it if you like. It's not what you said.
    :eek:
    Les is to blame no matter where we end up. He just won't get credit from a few if he bungles his way to another NC.

5. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

I agree. I don't consider myself a sunshine pumper, but I do defend Miles a lot. Mostly because of logic. I see no reason to fire him when I look at football history. Trends come and go and Miles still has a contract. If Miles can keep his end of the deal, which he has so far, then we should keep ours.

A 9-4 season this year would and should be acceptable. Is it what we want? No, but this team has a hard road ahead and we have been unlucky of late.

Don't go there, we all know we need some luck every now and then.,......

I like to look at things like we were 4 points from an 11 win season.. Crazy I know.

Others look at it as we were 1 yard from an 8 win season....

To each his own, but improvements, while minor where made last year and 2 years of young QB action has its prices.

Miles has more good qualities IMO than he has bad.

Though, when the coach conversation comes up, often no one can offer a better replacement if any.

What can another coach do that Miles cant?

It is an honest question that I don't see getting answered.

Miles knows his flaws and limitations and he tries to correct them. Not every decision he has made was or is right, but when he is wrong he admits it and looks for a solution. On or off the field or even behind the scenes, he works in the best interest of LSU and that is all we can ask for...

4 people like this.
  6. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

This is the most rational post ever regarding Miles. Great job.

7. Guido Merkins

Guido Merkins Founding Member

It is my opinion that Auburn is better coached than us. I didn't say they were a better team than us, but I think their coach got more out of their talent last year than LSU did out of theirs.

You left out the word "coached" which changes the entire context of what I said.

8. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

Yet they lost to us and finished behind us in the SEC. I'll take the coach with a winning record, thanks.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Better coached team means better team. Your attempt to separate the two is an epic fail. You said it. Now you want to worm out of it. Good luck with that.

Auburn is the "better coached team"? A team Miles has beaten 3 years in a row, and easily beat last year when they were "better coached".

Uh huh.

10. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

They smooth got coached into an asswhooping by Les Miles last year. The only SEC team we beat handily, at that.