Some points about LSU Football Head Coach Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jul 23, 2010.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

That one was used last year. You think they'll come up with something new?

2. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Of course not... they been saying he's winning with Saban's players for 5 years now.. lol

3. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I can't quite understand why LSU fans wouldn't want Les Miles around longer. In this day and age of coaching changes rapidly, players with zero loyalty to cities or fans, and even teams low loyalty to cities, Les Miles should be a coach that is in Baton Rouge for his entire career.

Yet with the way fans are treating him, expect once Rich Rod fails at Michigan to have that job open up, massive money to be thrown his way, and for Les to bolt for it never to return. And with his track record over his career so far, he will have success there as well.

1 person likes this.
  4. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

True. True.

5. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

wow you nailed that one

that will be the talk of BR

this team has so much talent that even with Miles we are winning

anybody with Shep on the team is going to win

Shep stepped up and even with Les and JJ turned the Tigers into a winner!!

I can hear it all now

6. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

I'd be lying if I said those words will never come out my mouth. It all depends on how the season goes down. Things need to change to win the SEC. If the necessary changes are made, I feel we will be successful.

7. sunnyjim

sunnyjim Founding Member

He's already outcoached everyone but Meyers.

8. TigerCliff

Coach Miles is a big picture guy. He could care less what the media says or what radio talk is blowing up. What he does care about is his kids and you saw that with him in the stands at Omaha last year pulling for his guys!!

Coach has class and is not a Saban type guy. I love Nick and his style but I also love Les and his style. You can cook a potato salad many ways but at the end of the day it is still potato salad. CLM does have the respect of his players and his staff. Find a player or ex-staffer throwing mud at CLM.

He has fire but not the fire that many of the BR fans want. He runs a level ship and you can tell his guys love playing for him. I know in my heart we had Bama right on the ropes in 09 but PP / JJ / CS all not being 100% made the differance. We had the coaching and the game plan to win a game at Bama against a 14-0 Saban coached team. What that tells me is that we have just what we need and this year things will look much more like 07 than 09.

Some might think I am the purple blood type but I think I am more of a fact based fan than those ready to fire CLM.

:crystal::crystal: plus :miles:

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

You won't see a lot of voluntary crow around here. That is for damn sure.

10. TigerCliff

I am open about really liking that guy - :miles:

Les has his family with 4 younger kids in the Baton Rouge school system. You know his kids hear all this stuff. I had the chance to talk to Mrs. Miles and she was a complete joy. Am I pulling for Les? You bet !!

What will it take for all of us to think that Les had a great season. I would say a win
    over the Gators or Bama. I also think we need to beat Ole Miss badly !

A win over Bama and a good looking 10-2 would make me very happy. That is what I am going with.

:tigereye: