Some points about LSU Football Head Coach Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Jul 23, 2010.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

fact of the matter is Miles won a national championship, and he has only had 2 season's that weren't as good as the previous 3. We have lost to Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss in consecutive seasons, and that isn't good, however i think Miles has earned the right to coach this team and get us back to the top. He has a chance to do so this season, and a good chance to do so. I think LSU fans should get behind the coach and not always wish for his failure.

I guess my question would be, what are the naysayers going to say if LSU gets to Atlanta?

Miles isn't perfect, and sometimes his decisions are questionable. But we play in the hardest division in the NCAA, and he keeps bringing solid recruiting classes, and surrounding himself with great coaches. He has also shown he is willing to make changes. I think the critics need to back off and see what happens after this season, then we can talk about what happens with LSU in the future.

:geauxtige

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

A lot of you defending Miles wouldn't be doing so if he coached a rival. Hell, y'all discredit Saban's run at Bama.

3. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

That's not true...I have no problem with Mack Brown and his team basically blew their chance to make it to the BCS Championship game by tossing the ball out of bounds as time ran off the clock.

Then, mysteriously....the refs put a second back on the clock so undefeated Texas can get one more chance to make it to the promised land.

I don't see anyone here bashing Brown....the only point is that coaches make poor decision periodically. Hopefully, they can learn from them.

I object to the LSU fanbase's inability to sustain any sense of gratitude, loyalty and patience for the winningest coach in LSU history. Yes, that I do object to...

4. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

"So my quesition to the Miles haters is this: Run him off and hire who? Who out there is a guarenteed upgrade?

WHO?"

Well, Luvdimtigers, the obvious Miles replacement is.......Ed "Ogre" Orgeron...but USC probably won't let him go anyway...too bad for us. :hihi:.

Don't worry, Aleva won't let us down...he'll find the perfect guy, after all we don't even have a lacrosse program so we're in the clear!:grin:.

5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

You should have stopped here. But since you didn't...
    Not posting the rest of your novel of saying nothing but yes this is clearly what I meant. Which is why you got it before you tried to make an excuse for Saban having a similar record to Miles, but not having a problem with that. If you wanted to quantify your bs complaint about Miles record, than you should have done so. But you didn't. Is that clear enough for you?
    I sidestep nothing. You just can't follow the English language. You said you disliked Miles being hired because of his unspectacular record previous to being at LSU. Saban had a similar record but you have no complaint about it. End of story. Make up some more bs if you like. You just clearly admitted you didn't like Miles coming here, you discounted what he has accomplished while being here, but you blame him fully for his shortcomings.
    In order for something to be "in addition", you need to do it the first time. You have refuted nothing, but keep telling yourself different.:thumb:

Which explains Miles record? Oh no that's right, they were Saban's players. :rofl:

Can't make up your mind can you? In your previous post, you clearly gave the credit to Saban and "the wave" he created for Miles. No credit given. Nice try to save face.
    And if your aunt had balls, she would be your uncle. Coincidentally RP left the same time. Hmmm, no relation I am sure.:rofl:
    Miles will be here until he decides to leave. And since you say we won't improve, that must mean we stay with the same record and lose again to bama, ol ms, and florida right? Care to lay a wager on paypal?
    Forced to ignore the facts and instead focus on me? Of course because your "logic" is not logic at all. It's emotion. Sorry you let yourself get caught putting it in print. Deal with it. :insane:

6. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Lets make this easy

LSU vs Tar Heels - Sept 4th

LSU wins and get over 400 yards on O

JJ looks solid and Shep looks amazing

I think Tiger fans will shift off 2009 and focus on 2010. The haters will just shut up until
    the moment is right to start this up all over again.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

It's still 6 weeks away. :lol:

8. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

yea but last week it was 7 weeks off

6 weeks off doesn't change the fact that if we win the game big
    all this Les talk will stop

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Keep dreaming.

10. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

TheDude, are you serious? This is your response? Are you really that dense? It's one thing to be a homer, but this is embarrassing to read.

Of course, I didn't have a problem with Saban's record when he came in. We were bottom dwellers. Just about anything was better than Dinardo. Saban, a nobody, steps into a mess. Miles, a nobody, came in at LSU's height.

Is anyone else seeing TheDude's dishonesty here? It's one thing to disagree with me, but to be outright dismissive of the facts is, well, typical.

The rest of your post is so nonsensical and such a poor display of intellect that it doesn't even merit a response.

Add a few more of these :insane::rofl::):wink::cry::grin::hihi::wave: and you just might convince someone.