Some SPEC OPS get no attention

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, May 13, 2014.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"Witnesses to the fatal shootings last month of two Yemenis by American government officials said they saw a Western-looking man pull a gun from his belt and shoot both Yemenis dead during what appeared to be a kidnapping attempt at a barber shop.

The firsthand accounts bear similarities but also what appear to be slight differences with an incident the U.S. State Department revealed Saturday in which it said two U.S. embassy officers killed a pair of armed men who were attempting to kidnap them last month. The U.S. officials have left the country, according to the State Department."
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304655304579553430639478414

Any ideas as to why our government didn't put this one on the nightly news?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

SPEC Ops aren't supposed to get a lot of attention. Thats why they call them covert

shane0911 likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Well, that's the thing. The current administration has given them plenty of attention when it suited them. In this instance, somebody got very sloppy and not a peep from the White House. 10-15 years ago, this incident wouldn't have gone down this way. Blanket goes over the target and into the trunk he goes. No video, no killing in plain view.

Other countries have known this kind of thing happens and so far not too much dust has been stirred. However, I expect their acceptance level will continue to dwindle if more of this occurs.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I suspect half of the "US Embassy Officials" in Yemen are CIA operatives. We have conducted over 100 drone strikes there as well as some conventional bombings with jets. Someone is providing them with targeting information. Whenever you hear about the Yemeni Air Force striking terrorists . . . forget about it. They are not Yemeni aircraft nor Yemeni pilots. They are F-16's with no markings on them whatsoever. Company jets.

b_leblanc likes this.
  5. red55

Oh, come on. Every administration shines light on what they want known and drop what they don't want known into a black hole along with the 18-minute gap, the Iraqi WMD evidence, and Monica's dress.

This wasn't a targeted assassination. The perps thought that they were kidnapping an American businessmen or diplomat but they picked the wrong guy to mess with.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

More than half. And yes, company jets although I might call them "Farm" jets.
    True and yet we are talking about a very specific unique group of people here. I have a point and I'll get to it eventually.

I wasn't meaning a targeted assassination. Once the shooter identified the alleged threat, the blanket goes on....killing in view is not something our ops people did 10-15 years ago. Rogue warriors didn't make those types of mistakes. It's sloppy comparatively.

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

eventually?

8. red55

Well they did, but the blankets were much better when every witness did not carry a HDTV camera and an internet connection in their pockets. Shit appears on YouTube before witnesses can receive an offer that they cannot refuse. :D

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Say hello to my little camera

10. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

To think publicizing selective ops of any kind is a dem or rep trick would be very naive and erroneous analysis.

I was not an operator, but it is UNBELIEVABLE what kinds of stuff people have done. Just the guy or girl next door. They were not born to do shit, they were in the place, time and were trained, when opportunities occurred. Simply mindblowing.

red55 likes this.