US Politics Some thought for the 4th of July

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Winston1, Jul 3, 2019.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I disagree, I mean take a look at what is going on. You have an entire political party that is so decimated because they lost an election that they are taking unprecedented actions to try and get rid of him...and why? People keep spouting the bullshit of the msm that Trump is a racist, a white supremacist even yet not a damn one of them can provide a shred of evidence to support it. They call him everything in the book and all they have is "Grab em by the pussy"

Yet all this time he just keeps winning.

Aside from how out of touch the left is with reality there is a much larger problem and that is in fact the spending. It is way out of control and it isn't coming back because neither side is going to do anything about it.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The economy is in the best shape it's been in in years. Trump is leading by a significant margin in the polls. The Democrats have lost touch with reality and are fighting among themselves. Fox is killing CNN & MSNBC in the polls. Things are no where as bad as certain people portray them to be.

3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

That deficit is still there though

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The deficit is older than I am.

Bengal B likes this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

No they didnt. Are yall fucking with me.

shane0911 likes this.
  6. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

[​IMG]

kcal and Bengal B like this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Much of what you say is accurate for now. Like yours, my financial situation is as good as it’s ever been and yes the democrats are fighting among themselves and rushing to the left. I don’t know what polls you see but Trump is losing against just about every democrat in every poll I’m aware of.
    However that isn what I was talking about. The issues I’m concerned about are deeper and longer term than who’s in office today.
    Both parties have abandoned the ideas of the founding fathers that the federal government should be limited....that power rises up from the people not down from the top. The flow of power from Congress to the president is growing and while it’s been a trend for over a century it’s accelerating. This is best shown in Obama’s and now Trump’s use of emergency power to subvert the role of Congress. This trend is coupled to the growing idea that it’s up to the federal government to solve every problem down to the smallest. As government assumes power our rights are not only at risk, they’re under attack

NO ONE IN Washington, not Trump, not the Congress republicans or democrats is doing a thing about the deficit and debt. We’re $22 trillion in debt and running a $1 trillion a year deficit. That won’t stand forever. Social Security will soon be broke and by the way it’s funds are invested in US Treasury debt, by law. When established there were 15 or more workers per retiree. Today there are less than 5 and soon there will be fewer. We’re asking our children and grandchildren to pay bill they can’t afford.

Again Trump isn’t the cause but merely the latest and most extreme example of this trend. Likewise it’s only recently the republicans have abandoned several key ideas that were tied to the founding fathers and intent of the constitution. Now the two parties have been reduced to fighting for the scraps for their supporters with little or no regard for the long term consequences. Likewise both are focused on concentrating power in fewer and fewer hands....in direct opposition to the intent of the constitution and the history of our best times.

This is a very brief overview of why I’m so pessimistic.

watson1880 and HalloweenRun like this.
  8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Game Changer: I just learned that Mike Godwin has modified Godwin’s Law to exempt references to Trump and his band of idiots.

I DVR’d a History Channel two hour show on Hitler and Germany of the 1930s some time ago. Watched it earlier this week amidst the uproar over Trump’s destroying the Washington DC Capital Fourth celebration.

Each person’s background and life story will determine how one does or does not view the two. But I went in wanting to resist noting the many similarities, but failed. Grim.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Some Democrat Congresswoman (Norton?) just said on CNN that Trump’s military J4 celebration is inappropriate because - unlike the French when they celebrate Bastille Day - we’ve never actually had to fight a war on our shore. The ignorance is staggering.

COTiger, kcal, Winston1 and 1 other person like this.
  10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

25000 patriots gave their lives and against all odds defeated the brits becoming the only ones to ever do so. After 6 years of battle general cornwallis surrendered. On August 30th 1789 George Washington becomes our first president and a new nation is born. The foresight and humility amongst our founders can't be overstated. Declaring our independence is the greatest doctrine of freedom ever created.

This rebel spirit still exists in south louisiana as much or more than anywhere else. Ill be firing off a few rounds in celebration of said freedom and in honor to all those who shed blood for our independence. Then ill shotgun an ice cold budweiser and say something derogatory to anyone who feels otherwise.

May God bless America.

COTiger, kcal, Bengal B and 2 others like this.