Some truth about Auburn and their expectations

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Rex

Rex Founding Member

In their last ten seasons they're only 38-38 in the SEC.... so where does all their high and mightiness come from?

If from that 10 year SEC record we take out the Cam Newton year (8-0) and the Nick Marshall year (7-1) they're only 23-37!

So here's my admonition to Aubies: fuck off, you pretentious pricks. You didn't just lose on Saturday... you GOT BEAT.

BayouBengal014 and Bayou Tiger like this.
  2. Rex

Rex Founding Member

And now some other SEC observations:

Alabama's cross-division permanent rival is STILL Tennessee. How fair is that when Auburn has Georgia?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And LSU has Florida. To be fair, though, in the past Tennessee has been a worthy opponent. Auburn should be moved to the east and Missouri to the west. Or the SEC could adopt the PAC 12 model. USC and UCLA are in the south and Stanford and Cal in the north. Those 4 schools play each other annually and the rest of the conference has no permanent opponents.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
    RamahRising and Bayou Tiger like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

UTenn is on the rise. Just ask @TerryP

kcal, Bayou Tiger and leroy7500 like this.
  5. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

AND we're off....

6. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Like fish n a barrel...

7. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

And Peterson didn’t pick that ball off.

StaceyO, tzanghi and didit like this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

My cousin married a barner, they aren't that bad.

stevescookin likes this.
  9. KevinWS

KevinWS Founding Member

That's okay my first cousin twice removed. Was Roy Sewell. Never met him but seems to be a pretty cool guy.

No. 4 - Roy Sewell: Most people know Roy Sewell because Auburn athletes once lived in a dormitory named in his honor. His influence, though, is far greater than a building that’s now demolished. For as long as Auburn plays athletics, its followers should remember Sewell. In 1954, Sewell decided Auburn needed a new fight song, so he asked a couple of famous New York songwriters to come up with one. The result was “War Eagle.’’ Here’s how much Sewell, a clothing manufacturer from Bremen, Ga., was respected: When he was honored by the Northwest Georgia Auburn Club in 1978, Auburn President Harry Philpott, Auburn Athletic Director Lee Haley, former head football coach Ralph “Shug’’ Jordan, head football coach Doug Barfield and Heisman Trophy winner Pat Sullivan were among those in attendance. Auburn declared Roy Sewell Day on Nov. 5, 1983, when Auburn played Maryland for homecoming. As I recall, the Auburn band spelled out “Mr. Roy’’ during its halftime performance. He was more widely known as “Mr. Auburn,’’ a tribute to his influence for multiple decades.

10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Like any fan base, there's the good and the bad. Some fan bases just have more bad than good.