Someone Fill In The (orange) Blanks 'Cause I'm Missing Something!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mcmikel, Feb 2, 2005.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I have no idea what this has to do with the original thread.

2. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

I think there was some preseason MNC contender hype down on the plains a few years back. That one didn't work out to well. Hmmm...

3. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

The "Team to beat" in the SEC....is rarely the team that was supposed to win in the Pre-Season.

Think about it.....2001 was UF's year....LSU won it......2002 was UT's year....UGA won it....2003 was Auburn's year....LSU won it.....2004 was UGA's year.....Auburn won it....so forth

4. Abuapu

Abuapu Founding Member

Why is it always a team from the East's year to win the SEC other than 2003?

5. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Florida's team in 2001 was quite loaded, IMO.....maybe the best Spurrier team he ever had.....

But I am not sure....those are just what I assumed were the SEC favorites those years.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Tennessee is loaded with talent, but so is LSU and I think Phatimus is past his prime. And they have to play us in our house this year.

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

That is going to be one heck of a home game against Tennesse! It'll be interesting to see who Corso and friends think will win. Unfortunately, we have to wait about 8 months before finding out how good we will be next year.

8. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

What is this talent that puts them ahead of everyone else? Phil is a great coach, not a magician.

Tennessee played, by far, their best game in the Cotton Bowl. That, however, was against middle of the pack Big XII talent. Tennessee should dominate that quality of opponent, but make a jump to winning the SEC, let alone knocking off Urbane in Gainesville, Bama in Tuscaloosa, or LSU in Death Valley! That defense line was physically pushed around by every SEC team. There are no more Colquitt's to punt them out of trouble. The "Urnge" OL was unremarkable. They have very good linebackers, but aside from that...

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I guess they never heard the joke:

"What's the difference between an Aggie and a bucket of sh*t?"

ANSWER: The bucket

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There is no doubt that Tennessee is loaded on the offensive side of the ball and will be that much better this year.

However, it remains to be seen if the defense can turn it around. I assume they were really young on D and maybe another year will improve that side of the ball.