Someone from the Saints needs to be fired

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Jan 18, 2004.

1. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I'm pretty sure he and Jamie Howard were entering CFB the same time.

2. Vincent4Heisman

Vincent4Heisman Freshman

Jaime was 2 years ahead of Jake. I went to school with Jaime. Jake is 2 years behind us.

3. conradj

conradj Founding Member

OK, I wasnt sure.

My cousin also graduated STM w/ Jamie

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Just one more ignominy for the pitiful excuse for a franchise known as the New Orleans Saints. Here's a Panthers team that has been in the league for 9 years and they are in the Super Bowl. To add insult to injury, they do it with a QB that the Saints refused to give an opportunity to. Well, they still have Brooks who, from a pure athleticism and talent standpoint may be better than Jake. But there is one huge difference that the Saints heirarchy has never been able to recognize. Aaron Brooks is a Loser (with a capital "L") and Jake Delhomme is a winner. I took great pleasure in the Panthers' win tonight. I'll never see the Saints in a Superbowl, and who the hell cares. I saw LSU win the NC in the Sugar Bowl. That's all I'll ever need. SHOOT ME NOW!!!

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

One More thing to show its possible to turn around any team.

What was Carolinas record when thier coach took over?

I think they won like 1 game the year before he took over and
    then went 7-5.....

And then its this year, In the Superbowl...

It can be done but you have to have the right people in EVERY
    position.

Evaluate talent, control salary cap, and the kind of coach to get
    the most out of his players.

BTW

I won the Superbowl with the SAINTS this year on my computer with Madden 2004:shock:

6. 95TALT1

95TALT1 Freshman

jake the snake has a heart which and plays with it,brooks dosents and it shows.haslett has no guts and it showed...i could care less about the saints,we got the tigers.something i thought id never see in my life time....a saints playoff win and a championship for lsu...the later the better.you can bury me know....wait thers next year...go TIGERS

7. Ectopic Tiger

Ectopic Tiger Founding Member

Yes, but Brooks sells more Jerseys than Delhomme. That's all that really matters, right?

The Saints will trade out their entire team many times over before getting rid of their "franchise players" like Brooks, Deuce, and Horn. It's about selling merchandise. It doesn't matter if you lose, as long as you look good doing it.

Winning is expensive, Benson is cheap.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Jake is a nice QB. Not great, nice. He passed for 101 yards last night. And alot of it came on a pass he threw blindly into the endzone, hoping that his receiver could make a play on the ball. The Panthers won the game by rushing the ball and playing great defense, not because Jake knew how to win. The defense won the game by causing 4 turnovers.

Now, that said, I think it is great that a Louisiana QB is playing in the Super Bowl and hopefully he can play solid enough for the Panthers to win. That NE defense is really tough, though.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Got to disagree there. The announcers mentioned (quoted Delhomme actually) that he does that on occasion to take advantage of his receivers' athleticism. The pass was not "blindly" thrown though he was under some pressure. Would you say Peyton Manning is a better QB than Delhomme? How many turnovers did Manning have? How many did Jake have? Let me put it another way. If Aaron Brooks were quarterbacking the Panthers, they would NOT be going to the Super Bowl.

10. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

The Saints wont draw my interests again till the whole regime changes. New owner, coach, players and while Im at it, a new stadium because the Superdome Sucks. Im glad Im no diehard Saints fan and have to go to that dump every Sunday.