Someone from the Saints needs to be fired

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

LOL,
    Madden 2004 is great, I built them a new out door stadium and
    we won the Superbowl about 5 years later after I got the team
    to my liking. (simulation):shock:

Its now so lifelike that its great in the off season for football and
    sooo much fun!:D :D :D

Why is it that the Saints play indoors and some of the northern
    teams play outdoors?

Makes no sense.

I hope 1 day all NFL teams will have outdoor stadiums and the northern teams could have retracktible roofs.

Wouldn't that be Great?:D

2. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I would say that Peyton Manning is a better QB than Jake Delhomme. I think that anybody that watches the NFL would say that. Heck, I would say that Donovan McNabb is better than Jake. Jake is not the type of quarterback that can consistently be the reason his team wins or loses.

I'll say it again. The Panthers won yesterday because the defense had 4 INTs.

I think Aaron Brooks could have won that game yesterday, too. But I think Jake is a better total quarterback than Brooks. Game management, making good decisions, leadership, tenacity all go to Delhomme. Kind of like Matt Mauck of the NFL.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Just heard the following stats on PTI. Jake Delhomme threw 14 passes in the entire game and ONLY 3 in the second half. Make what you will about it.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Another take on Delhomme

He only threw 14 passes but NONE were intercepted. Brooks has TONS more physical ability but for every 3 big plays he makes with his talent he will give you at least one awe shit. Delhomme does what he needs to do for his team to win. Brooks thinks he is Super Man and he is far from it. Give me 9 of 14 passing for 120 yards with no int's over 28 of 40 for 300 yards 3 int's and 2 fumbles any day.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

At halftime Coach Fox said "we've got to run more and throw less". At that point they had thrown 11 passes. Can you say "conservative"?

6. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

I don't know enough to say whether Delhomme is great or simply good, but what he seems to be to me is a quarterback who always gives his team a chance to win by not making stupid plays. Give me a guy like Jake who knows how to play within himself and not go out and throw a ridiculous interception at the critical moment.

I am so happy for Jake Delhomme, #1 for escaping the Saints and #2 for quarterbacking his team to the Super Bowl.

By the way, the way that we are unconditionally praising and not bashing a former USL player says something about the quality of LSU fans.

7. jeffoxiam

jeffoxiam Founding Member

No one in the NFL would take Jake Delhomme over Peyton. No one would take Jake and a 1st rounder over Peyton. Still upset Peyton went to Tennessee or what?

FYI - Brooks had 8 ints this year and about the same number of fumbles as mvp mcnair

Jake is an above average qb. Nothing more. Congrats to him on making the super bowl. I would love to see Aaron, Haslett, and Benson go, but at least they have one of the best rb's in the NFL. I am and will continue to be a Saints fan through thick and thin. That's what being a fan is all about.

8. Turbotigerfan

Turbotigerfan Founding Member

Who the hell are the Ain'ts!

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We understand. It's not your fault. Hopefully, one day, you too will see the light and come over to the pleasant side. Until then, enjoy your Saints and the knot in your stomach every Sunday at about 3 pm.

10. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Brooks may have had 8 int's but he also threw plenty of balls that could not have been caught by anybody. He is not the man for New Orleans.

The Saints did get two apologies from the NFL about calls that IMO could have changed at least one game and that was Carolina. Don't remember the specifics on the other one but I guess it's just bad luck. I am not aware of any other team that actually got apologies for bad calls but that doesn't mean there were not any.

While I am not sold on Jake he reminds me of Matt Mauck because he does not lose games and his team mates play around him and make plays when they need to be made. This Carolina team reminds me of LSU in some ways however they do not have the dominating defense. If they continue to get the brealks they could also be Champions.