Someone, please take Dumbo Fisher

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 18, 2006.

1. DownOnTheBayou

DownOnTheBayou Say My Name!

sorry, Ive been calling for his head since before our NC. And, if you recall, our DEFENSE won the national title that year. We only gave up more than 20 points once that entire season.

2. DownOnTheBayou

Now my response to this thread. If anyone thinks that Dumbo Fisher is a decent OC, im sorry, but your an idiot. The play calling was a disgrace last night, I was there. Knowing that our O-line is sub-par this year, to come out running with JV at the helm is flat out stupid. JV as been crap since his freshman year. The game should have been over in the first frickin half. If we come out throwing the ball and score often an early, we see MF and RP in the second half, plus getting all our seniors some PT. Now I blame Les for not having this team ready to play. They came out flatter than Paris Hilton's chest. To even be discussing the OT playcalling is a disgrace. We played down to a horrible phucking team. We needed style points last night to improve our bowl status and that just went out the phucking window. Now it looks like we go to the Cotton or Peach bowl even if we beat Ark next week. If Jimbo doesn't take another job next year, he HAS to be fired. No doubt about it.

3. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

I respectfully disagree; that was no "horrible phucking team" that showed up last night, despite a "horrible phucking record". I won't put down any underdog team that played their hearts out, not that I am an Ole Miss fan nor of their coach.

4. DownOnTheBayou

I see your point.:thumb:

5. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I think that Jimbo is a "good" OC but not "great" and probably not HC material for a top notch program. Under both Saban and Miles we have had Top 5 recruiting classes and no team we've played in the last five years has had more talent. We've had many close games under both Saban and Miles. I'm speaking of the games that LSU should have won by the end of the 3rd quarter but somehow managed to take to the last drive or even OT.

2000 UAB, MSU
    2001 Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas
    2002 Kentucky, Ole Miss, Arkansas
    2003 I'll leave the Champs alone (even though the UF game was horrible)
    2004 Oregon State, Auburn, Florida, Troy, Ole Miss, Iowa
    2005 Arizona State, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas (I'll throw in Katrina)

We've had different players, coaches, opponents but the SAME OC over this time span. I thought that Saban was holding Jimbo back because our defense was winning games. When Miles arrived, I expected Jimbo to open the flood gates. That hasn't happened (except for the rent-a-wins) so now I'm left to wonder if Jimbo is just being outcoached by the other teams, if he's too conservative, or if he is just too stubborn to make timely adjustments.

Don't get me wrong...I'm happy with our success and the number of wins we've had this decade. I just think we've wasted too many opportunities. The last second wins are exciting but we need to win more convincingly. If USC beats the Little Sisters of the Poor by a FG in the 3rd OT, they move up in the polls. We have to beat teams like Ole Miss by several TDs just to stay where we are.

It just seems like we should have had a few more games like last year's Peach Bowl (Chick-Fil-A) by now.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Add in the fact that we don't know (from what I've heard anyway) how much he's operating on his own. Might not be a true reflection of him necessarily.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Look at this, a guy that can't spell or punctuate thinks we're idiots. I don't think you'd recognize a top OC if he jumped up and bit you on the ass.

8. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

I don't know the exact figures, but I would be willing to bet that 75% + of the top offenses, the plays are called by the head offensive minded coaches.

Most of the top OC's in CFB are head coaches.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

No we aren't, we lost to UT at home last year.

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Right, I read somewhere that Skip said we have only lost 2 games at Home the last 3 seasons. I cant remember who the other loss was from.

Oh nevermind it has to be Florida in 2003.