Someone, please take Dumbo Fisher

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 18, 2006.

1. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

am i the only one who thinks that jimbo doesn't have total control of this offense?
    i don't know what goes on behind the scenes but i bet you that playing JV for 3 qtrs was a miles call.
    i bet you that all the i formation in the beginning of the game was miles and the shotgun 4 wr's was jimbo.
    also, les totally missed the onside kick even though 92,000 people were calling for it (me included)
    miles wasn't the only one to make mistakes in this game but the team's overall lack of enthusiasm starts at the top.

2. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

When Saban was the coach, people defended Jimbo because they thought he was told to let the defense win the games. Now with Miles as HC, people defend Jimbo by saying that he's not allowed to run his offense. The same people are the ones who have said that we'll lose Jimbo to a "major" school as their HC.

The only consistent thing we've had the last five years is Jimbo as the OC. If he's so good and has had to tolerate working for two coaches that limit his options, then why hasn't he left by now?

I don't buy the "problems with Saban", "problems with Miles" defense. I think Jimbo is a "good" but not "great" OC. He appears to be stubborn and unwilling to make adjustments to his schemes. It's hard to argue with our success but it does seem that we let average teams hang around much too long.

With all the weapons we've had on offense during his tenure, I would've expected a little more against non rent-a-win games. If we have to lose a coordinator this year, I personally hope it's Jimbo. The remaining SEC teams have seen enough of him to figure out his game plan.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Jimbo Fisher: 2003-2006

Won 42
    Lost 9

Some of the issues raised are valid talking points, but to suggest he's in the wrong profession or should be summarily dismissed is profoundly* (not smart).

*Expletive substituted.

4. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Agree. If he leaves we may get someone worse. I would'nt expect Miles to hire the second coming of Spurrier because that's not his style.

5. roynav

roynav free your mind

Classic thread with some familiar faces.

TigerTap likes this.
  6. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

So Miles even handcuffed Jimbo while he was here. Brings more perspective.

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Seems Saban sabotaged his friend when he left LSU for Miami too, told the AD that Fisher wasn't ready to be a HC.

8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Herman beat fisher last year with AAC talent versus ACC talent. Then he did it to Stoops. Don't want either. Really don't want stoops.

9. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

There's only 1 clear cut choice as to who LSU needs to get. Unfortunately Alleva will fuck it up, ensuring he's fired, and we'll waste another 3 years in football mediocrity.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm not as pessimistic as you based on recent events, but honestly I couldn't feel less apathetic than I did up to miles' firing. If Alleva fucks this up we're closer to him getting fired, so I'm cool with that too.