Someone who deserves alot of credit

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Thibodaux Tiger, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Thibodaux Tiger

Thibodaux Tiger Professional Lurker

I believe when we look back at the reason why this team was so sensational we overlook the strength and conditioning program. I believe we have one of the top S&C programs in the country and when you look back at the games you will see that. How many times in the fourth quarter we were running right at them and still pushing them all around the field like we were fresh and they weren't. Coach Tommy Moffitt and his staff have prepared the team to play 100% till the final gun goes off. You could clearly see it in the SEC championship game against Georgia. I witnessed first hand today how hard the players work in the weight room. I was at the gym today working out and Corey Webster was in there. For me between sets of lifting I take a break, not him, he was going to other machines between sets. He never stopped the whole time i was in there. I'd just like to salute coach moffitt and his staff for getting the very best out of our players. thank you

2. I agree, CM's resume' and the teams performance this year speaks volumes for his abilities. Kudo's to him, I hope he'll be a tiger for a LONG time.

3. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

Coach Moffitt is about as intense of an individual as you will ever meet. He gets the players fired up and focused on getting stronger, faster, and better conditioned. He is a great coach!!!

4. chackbay

chackbay Freshman

hey neighbor

5. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter Founding Member

Agreed with everthing you said Thibadoux Tiger. Another factor in LSU's success this year is that there were not a lot of major injuries. Addlai and Carey were busted up some, and the Freshman RBs were able to step in and fill the gap, but LSU had no major "out for season" injuries once the season started. But I guess this is also a function of superior conditioning and training.