Something for blanko fans

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tiger fan 2001, Mar 24, 2004.

1. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

The battle over Governor Kathleen Blanco's tax program has claimed its first casualty.

Representative Troy Hebert of Jeanerette was removed as chairman of the powerful House Insurance Committee, after he voted against the bill.

Hebert is not going quietly.

It's moving day for District 49 Representative Troy Hebert.

After refusing to support Governor Blanco's business tax plan, House Speaker Joe Salter booted Hebert from his post as chairman of the House Insurance Committee.

Hebert says it's the same old dirty politics, Louisiana style.

Rep. Troy Hebert: But what hasn't changed is that we are no longer being ruled by the Kingfish, we're being ruled by the Queen Bee. It didn't have to be done the way it was done, by removing someone for not voting with them one time, and coming back after the fact. That is dirty politics, ladies and gentlemen. The backroom deals and other things that we talked about, I thought that was going to be a thing of the past...

Blanco says it was Salter's decision, not hers, to remove Hebert from the powerful post.

Hebert says he'll continue to hold the line on taxes and support a business-friendly climate in the state.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

looks like she is in for a long ride. not the fact she is doing underhanded politics like all in office but the fact all will be magnified due to her anti LSU sentiment. now everything that happens will be known by everyone and will be a serious issue. she is in trouble, imo.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hebert voted on 6 issues and toed the Blanco line on 5 of them. The first time he votes his conscience, she has him booted in favor of a New Orleans Democrat, which is the real reason he's out. Blanco is going to keep on listening to her Edwards cronies and will end up falling right on her buck toothed face.

4. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

I don't think he even voted his conscience. He voted his constituency. The whole reason he was elected in the first place.

I see more great things to come from Ms. Blanco. :dis:

5. rookie

rookie Founding Member

This might be just what LA needs. Someone who everyone hates just enough to track her political decisions and really see what is going on behind the scenes. That might just wake up the people here and get rid of some of this crap once and for all. Doubtful but trying to put a positive spin on an issue that burns my ass. The LSU issue is going to get a lot of people that otherwise could care less about politics a little more involved in the process.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Great line by Hebert. " . . .not the Kingfish, but the Queen Bee". That tag will follow her a while.

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I'm very interested to know where you found this article. Did you write it? Is it available online?

8. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Hebert reacts to firing

http://www.2theadvocate.com/

9. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

One thing about that article...how can he stress that Edith (Mrs. Blanco) is a person of "integrity and sincerity" while in the same breath comparing her
    to Edwin Edwards and Huey Long? Pretty oxymoronic if you ask me.

10. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

Troy's from my area although he is not my representative. He can say what he wants and garner all the sympathy he can muster because of what happened but he was and probably still will be a pimped by Blanco. Prior to the Special Session, he made a snide comment on KANE 1240 AM that we were going to find out who the friends of the governor were for the special session. His motivation for saying this was one of his typical grandstanding events to backhand Rep. Romero from New Iberia, who stated that he wouldn't be voting for ANY taxes and told that to Blanco before the special session. Now, he's getting a taste of his own medicine.

That being said, he wasn't voting against one of Blanco's taxes for his constituents but for himself because he wants to run for the Senate seat in this area. His statements about what happened are just to save face. Now, don't confuse me with supporting what Blanco did because I think it is wrong. However, Troy is a cockhound in Baton Rouge and would give the capital away to stay in power.