Something I noticed

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Sep 7, 2010.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

After UNC scored their first TD off of some dumb pen's on D, I noticed Crowton ( Or whoever calls plays) started to throw the trickery on O.

We saw the reverse, Long balls and so forth.

Surprisingly, it worked, we got good runs and good passes..

In my daily attempt to PUMP THE SUNSHINE! I would think that if anything was taken away from this game to be used in the future, it was that STRETCH of play calling. It worked… It was a mixture of good off balance plays..

On the same note, the D during that stretch was also very aggressive with the blitz. IMO, if we had this for 4 quarters, LSU is rock solid..
    Let’s hope for the best.

No reason to go soft in the middle of a game and shame on LSU, Players and coaches for that……

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Nobody wants to admit that the coaches showed us what we wanted to see. Playcalling was aggressive and the oline and the running game, etc...

What you're seeing is bandwagon fandom at its finest. Only a few negative people make valid arguments and sense. I'm glad to see someone attempting to keep it upbeat but I think its a lost cause now.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

NEVER!!!

However, the ONLY spark we had last year was the Aub game. The Washington game was OK for the O, but this past game had the BIG play kicker to it.

It is good to have that right out of the gate.

Last year, our problems were massive. To me, O'line not blocking hardly at all is massive along with JJ taking huge sacks. At least he attempted to throw the ball away, he just needs to do it a bit quicker..

Last year, our D'line was weak to the fullest. Thats not the case this year and it is not something you just fix for the next week.

You can fix a blown assignment in the secondary or making sure your O'line stops fugging holding.... or fumbles and so on...but you cant fix lack of talent…

After that statement, I am sure someone will say you cant fix JJ…. J

JJ is not bad and not great. He hasn’t lost us a game yet and showed he can get the ball down field to WR’s 50 yards out.. That’s all we need.

Good things to come…

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

There were indeed flashes of what can be a very productive offense. If the offense can keep the same production AND do that consistenly we will be better than last year.( How's that for going out on a limb :) )