Something that sticks in my craw

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerpub, Jan 5, 2015.

1. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

This may seem like beating a dead horse. Whether LSU would've won with or without the infamous Kragthorpe TD or not is irrelevant. I realized as I was watching the situation go down with the field refs, the announcers, then the replay refs, that all these highly paid, experienced officials cannot be this moronic. Yet, they ALL were. The play was a TD plain and simple. I was just wanting to get some opinions about how in the hell all of the these highly, or at least decently paid officials, participants and observers of the game could ALL be this idiotic and stupid. I am not even using stupid in the pejorative. Just brutal honesty. In my opinion, there is no other explanation.There was simply no other way to call that play other than touchdown. All that ranting said, is there anyone who oversees the overseers? Why would the replay official(s) who made that call not be reprimanded in some kind of way? Every other human on the earth could see the call was wrong. Yet, the official whose very job it is to do this got is wrong in the most obvious way. The call was NOT close. I have heard of the officials office admitting mistakes. This was more than an mistake, it was incompetence. The announcers reminded me of my pal George from Bugs Bunny. They couldn't figure out when the knee was on the ground despite the fact that it was clear from another angle that the knee hit the turf nearly simultaneous with the ball. Let's see 2+2=... These idiots could not grasp this at all. Simply scary. So, I'm not starting this thread as a "we should have won" thread but as an observation of how plain dumb that call was top to bottom.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Honestly, we've seen this a lot in the NFL this season too, I think they are arrogant bastards who don't like being wrong, so they like to stick with the call on the field. I can't think of anything else. The video evidence was clear, it's happened numerous times in the NFL this season where you could tell the call on the field was wrong but New York woulsnt overturn it because logic and putting multiple views together to come up with a definitive answer isn't as good as what these bozos see on the field. I think officials are idiots who love the fact that they can determine outcomes of games.

HalloweenRun and GregLSU like this.
  3. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

There's crappy calls nearly every game. Giving up nearly 500 yds and QB ineptness are bigger concerns to me.

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

When you have the ball 1st and goal (inside the 10- for shane), a Mach truck in the backfield, and you have to turn to gimmicks, you don't deserve to win cause it means you're getting your ass kicked in.

5. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

No argument. However, the context is more to the point of how officials whose very job it is to do this so blatantly get it wrong. As I said in my opening thread, something is amiss when the replay officials AND the dumbass announcers were so bloody stupid in analysis. It's almost as though the announcers made sure they stated a context where the replay official could have an excuse. Like I said, the play was NOT close as far as replay was concerned. It's hard to fathom that the call was missed. So, what is it? stupidity, ineptness, arrogance? We won't ever know, because there is a protective shield around these guys. They apparently answer to no one.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

what is a craw.

also, almost every football game ive watched since 2000 or so there will be at least one touchdown each game where the ball breaks the plane and the refs will spot it at the half-yard line.

thats why i wish they would just say the entire ball must cross because thats how they judge it in most cases, even with replay. i knew they wouldnt give us the td because you see it all the time.

they needed to see his knee in the same picture as the one from the front when he fell, even though you could clearly piece the 2 replays together in your brain and figure it out. its this conclusive bullshit when they need to be able to use common sense.

the pressure is on the refs not to grant a td without the fbi showing documented proof.

so now teams have to earn it 2 sometimes 3 for a score. its insane. and its been a pet peeve of mine so long I simply just expect it now. and am shocked when they give a close call to the team that scored.

LSUMASTERMIND, lsu-i-like and TerryP like this.
  7. edwardejw

edwardejw LSU 4 ever

Look who we were playing boys. The play by play and color, no doubt the refs and probably the NCAA head office all wanted Notre Dame to win.

We did see something special. When 1 player accounts for 189 yards on 2 plays and 2 TD's that is special but when another is 7-14 for 151 yards and 80 of those come on a 5 yard pass and the rest run, that sure ain't special.

Just like yesterday in Dallas, Detroit. Wait is that pass interference - face guarding maybe? A quick call from the commish and oopps it just fell out of my pocket. Dallas just can't lose to a bunch of thugs.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  8. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

I don't know. Not sure I want to find out. :eek:

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

You expect incompetence from officials, but from your own highly paid coaching staff?

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

Maybe, maybe not. But when the "gimmick" works, your team does deserve its earned result (a touchdown rewarded).

KyleK likes this.