Something you will never ever see

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun_Bengal, Mar 24, 2004.

1. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Listen guys you can support Brady and LSU BBall all you want but realize this. LSU football had a coach that took over when the program was down and no one wanted the job. He did a pretty good job for 5 years and made the program respectable BUT if you hadn't fired Dinardo you wouldn't have Saban.

Brady = Dinardo

He is a good coach, not a great coach. If you are satisfied with being a mediocre team like LSU football was under Dinardo then fine, BUT if you want basketball to reach the same level as tht football program I think it is time for a change.

AND if you have never had a one on one conversation with Stromile Swift then don't knock my crayon statement. I swear to God I thought English was his second language.

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

I have to laugh at SabanFan...He will resort to many different and semi-effective means to try to keep people from poking and prodding Brady's effigy...

The season's not over...Don't bash the team...

It will hurt recruiting...

We have never won, so why complain now?

You're not a fan if you bash the coach...

He's a slippery little snake....

3. Cajun_Bengal

Cajun_Bengal Founding Member

It certainly seems that way. You would think Brady bashers were talking about somebody's mom the way some people take offense to it.

4. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

Let's not start this "listen to Coach Saban or else" or "what would Saban say" crap. That's what they do over at Florida State with Saint Bah-bah.

The guy's a great football coach, not a demigod.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That is the only accurate part of your post. I am amused by all of the posters here who somehow feel that LSU has a God given right to basketball greatness. I am also amused by fans who feel that they are experts and can credibly criticize a professional doing his job. No one here is qualified to analyze the job Brady is doing. There are an infinite number of factors involved that most here have no knowlege of...and never will. As long as Brady is the coach I will support him. At such time that those entrusted with hiring and firing at LSU decide it's time for a change, I will support the decision. Anyone is entitled to their own opinion but I will continue to laugh at those who feel they must climb on the soapbox and pontificate on a subject of which they have, at most, a rudimentary knowlege of the factors involved. And you, my young friend, have a problem. In your 24 or so years on this earth, the vast majority of which have been spent in puberty and teens, you have gained a little bit of knowlege which, you feel, has entitled you to dispense wisdom to those of us who have lived long enough to see right through you and know that you are nothing but a pompous windbag. It is better to have people think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

6. Cajun_Bengal

Cajun_Bengal Founding Member

You're exactly right. None of us have the power to hire or fire, but whatever happened to having an opinion? My opinion of Brady is that he stinks. What's wrong with that? No, I'm not a professional. So does that mean I can't have an opinion of somebody? The idea that just because I don't like what is going on, I'm less of a Tiger fan is crazy. If you criticize the actions of the President of The United States of America does that make you any less of an American? Of course not. You have the right to your own opinion.

7. SabanFan

Thank you.
    Nothing, as long as it's qualified as such.
    Nothing. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
    No, but neither does it qualify you to slander an individual.
    Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that.
    No, but calling him a liar with no facts to substantiate it, a moron, stupid, etc. does IMO.
    Agree.

8. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I'll substantiate it for you. The fact that it takes our team 5 mins and 12 points to go from zone to man and vice versa is what makes Brady a bad coach. The fact that we lose one player and the whole season is shot, complete with a "one and done" in the NIT is what makes Brady a bad coach.

For those of you wanting to hang on to Brady, ask yourselves this question. Did you feel the same way when Dinardo was here in 98? Would you ever in your wildest dreams think LSU would win a National Title when Dinardo was here? My attitude was that LSU was my love of a team, but I was hoping that we would one day in my lifetime win a title, but never could actually believe it. Once Saban got to LSU, all that changed in a matter of one freaking year! It's amazing how much improvement a coaching change can make. But guess what, as long as you guys "hold on for dear life" to Brady and criticize those that don't, the longer we're gonna have seasons like the last one. I can promise that.

9. SabanFan

I'm going to go back and view tapes. Where on the bench were you sitting?
    Go back a few years and check out Kenyon Martin and Cincinnatti.
    You miss my point. I don't necessarily want to "hang on" to Brady. I leave that decision to those who are qualified to make it and I support those decisions.

10. bayou_girl04

bayou_girl04 Freshman

Changes Need 2 Be Made

If you guys like losing 5 games in row, thats fine. If you guys like losing in the 1st round of the NIT, thats fine. Because that's what will happen if Brady continues to coach. Nothing personal against Brady, but he cant coach. I for one, would like for the basketball team to do something.

On another note, just because a few of us disagree w/ you others about Brady, does not mean we are any less of a LSU fan than you are. We just think changes need to be made, just like they made in football. Now look @ what we did in fball. Anyways, like I said.....Changes in Men's Basketball, need to be made. :eek:ldskule: