Something you will never ever see

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun_Bengal, Mar 24, 2004.

1. shaqazoolu

shaqazoolu Concentrated Awesome

I'm not takin sides here at all, personally I don't like Brady but there really isn't any amount of complaining on my part that will do anything about it. Where there is room for improvement....in this case, lots of it, there will always be people upset with the current system. In Saban's case, he accomplished the ultimate goal.....so everyone is satisfied....if it ain't broke, don't fix it; otherwise.....in Brady's case, something is obviously not working so people want the "problem" fixed. Or maybe everyone is just spoiled from our completely dominating baseball, track, and football teams so they expect the same from all dimensions of LSU's athletic program.....who knows? I agree on the fact there are things that go on behind the scenes that we will never hear nor know about but if there were no differeing opinions, there would be no discussion board.....

2. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I could spot our lack of transition from the tv. You don't have to be on the bench to see that. The game against South Carolina in the SEC Tourny was the EPITOME of that lack of transition. That's not the players, that's coaching. What's Brady's answer? "We have a lot of young players out there...."

WHO DOESN'T HAVE YOUNG PLAYERS?!?! ****, we have young players on the football team and won the freaking NATIONAL TITLE with them. I'm sorry man, the guy's gotta go....and I'm as big an LSU fan as any...

3. Cajun_Bengal

Cajun_Bengal Founding Member

Do you think when a coach gets fired everything is just rosey, the arena is full, everybody is having a good time, then all of the sudden the coach gets fired? No, it starts with people griping and voicing their opinion. It starts with an empy PMAC. It starts with a one and done in the NIT.

While your viewing the tapes looking for diehardlsufan on the bench, take notice at how unprepared the team is. If you really want to see a good tape. Look at the South Carolina game. We jump out to an early lead only because we have tons of talent out there. Then our lack of preperation sets in and coaching strategies start playing a part in the game. Our lack of conditioning sets in as you can see how tired the players are as we go from being up 17 to losing by 21. Then while you're watching the tape, look for the classic Brady look. You know which one I'm talking I'm sure. Just look for him sitting over on the bench, leaned over, with his head in his hands looking clueless. He really looks in control of the game doesn't he?

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

this dinardo analogy is more tired than the brady rants. Most who think brady should get next yr werent dinardo pacifists nor are they brady supporters. Myself, I think he has next yr to show his mettle or he is gone. period. And personally I think he is playing against a stacked deck and is out because of it.

Now suddenly everyone has rose colored glasses... win a NC or bust. If not, then fire em, replace em. LSU is LSU we should win a NC every yr suddenly in every sport. Be realistic. See where this program is coming from. the freaking death penalty basically.

Here hoops will never be a religion like Ky or Duke or UCONN... why? because its football first and always will be. Would be nice to win a basketball NC to pass the time but its not going to happen on that consistent level. I know it hurts to face that but its the pecking order. Can we win one and compete at the highest level consistently? Damn straight and we should.

Should we have a coach and team that is building in that direction where we feel we can compete on that level? sure... this university has the enrollment and resources to do so. Do we have the coach and team to do so currently? It sure as hell doesnt look like it but you have to know where you are coming from before you can get to where you want.

And LSU has not been where it needs to be to get to the promised land. one step at a time.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

And, I assume you are privy to Brady's reasons for not switching defenses in the heat of a game? Do you have personal knowlege of each player's defensive strengths and weaknesses? Are you at practice day in and day out with these players, thus having enough insight and knowlege to make in game decisions? I'll answer for you. No! All you have to base your opinion on is what you see on the court in games. That, my friend, does not qualify you to say Brady can or can't coach.

6. Cajun_Bengal

The basketball team practices? You don't have to be a genius or a great basketball coach to realize that what is going on now isn't working. Come on pal. Open your eyes.

7. bayou_girl04

bayou_girl04 Freshman

lmao. Well by watching LSU games, you wouldnt think they practiced.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Cajun_Bengal:
    BayouGirl_04:
    Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know.
    - Michel Eyquem de Montaigne

9. Cajun_Bengal

"Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but what you should have accomplished with your ability." - John Wooden

Tons of talent at LSU...What have we accomplished? But that quote is coming from John Wooden...what would he know about basketball?

10. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member