Sometimes some just can't let themselves enjoy the ride

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LEGACY TIGER, Nov 11, 2010.

1. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

One of my dad's favorite movies is the old Cecil B. DeMille's "Ten Commandments". One of his favorite lines from that movie was "The only time you're happy is when you're miserable." And that about sums it up.

LSU still has lots of room for improvement, but what fan couldn't enjoy what happened in that stadium on Saturday? People call Miles lucky and stupid, but stupid coaches don't outcoach Nick Saban. It seems to me now that Les brings something intangible to the table that has nothing to do with X's and O's, that's hard to put your finger on. I still don't think Crowton is the guy to get our offense on the right track, but it was incredible to see JJ and JL have the kind of game they did after all the criticism (myself included) they've had to deal with. I can't imagine any fan not feeling joy for those kids and the coaches after a win like that.

1 person likes this.
  2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The players went out there to win for miles. They played for his redemption aginst saban. For his redemption aginst the auburn loss. Don't get me wrong they played for themselves and the team but their desire to defend miles was aparent. Shep gave him the game ball and said "were tired of all the $&@" they say about you". The fl game was the same thing after the tenn game. The team played for each other and there was no way they would lose. They were playing for something greater than a football game victory they were playing for each other and they would have died on that field fighting before they quit

3. jwp475

jwp475 Freshman

Yep the coaching sucks, they are only winning 78% of their games and play in the SEC Western Division the toughest in the Country

4. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As much as it was a certain posters posts that initiated this thread for me, the reality is that he is just one of many fans that will have this stance come the end of the season. I maybe able to ignore posters on this and other boards, but one can't ignore the fact that there are fans that are this miserable. Other than I feel sorry for them, it really doesn't bother me all that much. It's just too bad that these people can't enjoy the positives when they are there to enjoy. Worse is that this is how they are with most things in their lives more than likely. Lifes too short to be that miserable.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

First off, if this team goes 11-1 I'm one happy Tiger Fan. I would never say that they aren't as good as their record but I might say that they could have been even better. There is a difference and I'm not sure if I articulated that accuarately or not? I loved the intensity and heart that they played with on Saturday vs. gump U. I think that team has been there all along but for some reason waited 9 weeks to show up. We will lose a few valuable Sr's but I'm really excited for next year already. Now on to the coaches:

I still hope crowton adds to the demise of the democrats by joining the ranks of the unemployed when this season is over.

It is no small secret that I am not a big CLM fan but when he does stuff like he did on Saturday even those like myself can only shake their heads and give a chuckled "wow". What else can you say, the dude coached a hell of a game.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

LSU is the ONLY i repeat ONLY team in coll fb this year to have wins over 4 ranked opponents.

Arky would be a fifth if LSU can win it.

7. LEGACY TIGER

The person or fans I am talking about, would never say that. You know who I am talking about. You have heard them, and even when you are disgruntled over certain things about the coaching and team, even you say, man lighten up it ain't as if the sky is falling. In their world it is, and it is because they never have and the never will accept Miles, no matter what he does, and that is because he ain't....................(fill in the blank)

8. LEGACY TIGER

Yep, and that is ones that are currently ranked. If a certain WVU and UNC work their way back in it could be 6-1 against ranked teams. So far this season we have played UNC, WVU, Ms St, UF, AU, and Bama, we are 5-1 against teams that either were or are ranked. No one and I repeat no one is even close.

9. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Most have gone on vacation or sick leave this week without internet. Thats what disturbs me the most. Totally disappeared. Not complaining ........

10. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

I’ll be the first to admit that I frequently come down hard on the Miles bashers and at times they are so infuriating that I have to stay away for a few days. But, I suspect a sizable number of them are either too young or too recent to following LSU to remember the dark days with the few ups and numerous downs we went through between firing Coach Mac and the Saban hire. For most of us who lived through those times and the awful “Hallman Era” of LSU football, the last 8 years or so have been absolute bliss.

Just saying that at least some of the Miles bashers don’t have the history to share our perspective.
    Then again, maybe I’m just jealous because they are so young.
    :eek:ldskule: