Sometimes some just can't let themselves enjoy the ride

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LEGACY TIGER, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Oh wait, I think you meant like The Ohio State does...

Oh wait, I think you meant like how Notre Dame does...

Oh wait, I think you meant like how Michigan does...

Oh wait, I think you meant like how the University of Miami does...

2. Jopry

Jopry Veteran Member

Dude you got me in trouble in class for making me laugh out loud at this :D :helmet:

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I've NEVER heard anyone be critical after winning a National Title. Have you? REALLY?

And if that stuff bothers you quit making up hypothetical situations. You're doing it in advance of them on the assumption they will...they're in your head.

They're taking you with them, look what they got you talking about.

:insane:

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Quit being an ass. There are several here who have said on more than one occasion that Miles/LSU did not deserve the 2007 NC and that he lucked into it.

5. LSUTiga

I'll say it again, I've NEVER heard anyone be critical after winning a National Title.

6. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

More teams were ranked than that at the time we played them, UNC #19, WVU #22?, FLA #14?, AUB #4, ALA #6...... and now, MSU in the top 20.

...and we play in the SECw to boot!

7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Really, you're going to defend your statement with that. A statement made to imply you had no knowledge of people complaining about us winning a National Championship. The argument of the difference between having heard something and having read something. Really, you'ld split hairs like that to support your statement. That's really weak.

8. LSUTiga

"People", yes...LSU fans, no. And on here I thought "heard" meant "read".

Maybe I missed them but surely doubt it to be so widespread as to call attn to it. If my statement was wrong, why not post quotes with links if there are so many? I'd be shocked if there were more than 3, if any, posters to do that; however, you can easily disprove my statement if such conversation exists.

Wasn't supporting any "statement" though, I was making a comment- and it was the first one I made in this thread now let's see you support yours with some factual info.

9. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

So, you've never read on here statements made over 1000 times how Miles won the MNC with Sabans players? So, you've never read on here how we got lucky to be in the 2007 MNC and that we really didn't earn it? So you've never read on here where many have not given credit to Miles for the 2007 MNC, because he won with Sabans players?

Really, really you're gonna stick by that? I would call the posters on this board and many others who made those statements LSU fans. If you are going to claim that you have never read those statements; which to me would be complaining about Miles and not giving him the credit for winning a MNC, which would be finding a negative in a complete positive, which would be complaining about winning a MNC without being able to enjoy the glory, and would validate my claim that there might be some still complain even if we win a MNC this season, and that they are basically miserable people, then I can't help you.

Your position just goes to show some will say anything to try and back up their statements, even when they have been called out. As for copying and pasting or quoting posts on this or other boards to back up my claim I am not going to waste my time. Everyone on this board, with the exception of you knows that those statements have been made 1000's of times by members of this forum and LSU fans. There is no need for me to spend my time to entertain you, your failure to aknowledge what you know to be true just solidifies somes opinions of you without me even making much of an effort.

10. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

To the OP: It sounds to me that maybe you are not "enjoying the ride" a little bit. Just like with anything in life, one extreme or the other is usually not good. I admire the passion of LSU football fans. Some are overly critical, but it comes from a good place, I think. I don't think it's a bad thing at all for the fans to expect greatness. I believe with the talent Miles recruits, winning the SEC West is a goal the Tigers should compete for every year with relative success. As in either winning the West or finishing maybe a game or two back. I believe we should NEVER get blown out. I don't expect blowouts, just wins. With that being said, I agree with the notion that firing Miles is probably not a good move. I truely believe Miles has LSU football in a good state. Miles had 3 fantastic years from 2005-2007. One disappointing year that at least ended really well(2008), and last year was decent until the last minutes of the bowl game. I see progress from 2008 until now. That shows me that we are developing our talent, albeit slowly. With Les, you know the talent will be there year in and year out. That, to me, is a recipe for success. I honestly believe(at least today) that Les Miles can bring LSU another National Title. All evidence also points to the fact that he and his staff are running a clean program as well. Go ask USC, Auburn, Alabama, SMU, etc.. how important that is. It's a good day to be a Tiger(LSU that is)! Now, let's all climb aboard and FINISH STRONG, and hope can get a little help along the way and shock the nation with another crystal football! GEAUX TIGERS!!!

1 person likes this.