Sometimes some just can't let themselves enjoy the ride

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LEGACY TIGER, Nov 11, 2010.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Excellent post.

I agree with much of what you are saying. Criticism is expected when you have a program and a fan base that expects to compete for greatness on a consistent basis. I agree with you on this, my point is to those, all be it few, fans/posters, that no matter what can’t seem to enjoy the positives when they occur. That those fans/posters continue to pick everything apart to the point of being extreme in their criticism. Those fans/posters that appear to never point out anything positive and never seem to enjoy the ride. Like a roller coaster there are peaks and valleys, twists and turns, and the reason you ride the roller coaster is due to the thrill and adrenaline rush. LSU/Miles, to me, are very much like a roller coaster and you really have to strap in, expect the bumpy ride, but in the end you are excited and happy because of how much fun it was. I for one am enjoying the hell out of this ride and this season. Yep there are twists and turns, peaks and valleys, but thus far the ride has been a huge adrenaline rush and we are sitting at 8-1. To this point in this season I couldn’t be happier with the Tigers and Miles. Should we continue to ride this roller coaster down the path we are on, and make it to the ultimate top or just fall a little short, to me this will have been an unbelievably enjoyable season, and further proof that it is great to be an LSU Tiger fan.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

OK, martin.:rolleye33:

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I do what I can. :grin:

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Oh so now it's only a few eh? And this criticism is expected? And now it's only "appear"? But you were SO convinced that these people were miserable.

You were talking about people not being happy to the point of being "miserable" as you said, and not being able to cheer for the team. They could be all that and still criticize the coach- just as you have. That's not the same thing you were describing in being "miserable" and complaining about winning a National Title.

You were talking about people not being happy, "miserable" as you said, and not being able to cheer for the team. They could be all that and still criticize the coach- just as you have. That's not the same thing you were describing.

No my position was proven by you above in the same thread. Fans don't complain about winning NC titles. What fan would not be happy with a National title to the point, as you labeled them, to be miserable and not cheer. NONE.

Translation: I can't.

5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Im not the biggest Miles fan. Im not sold on him despite the big Bama win. I still think we should go down the field more, this game only proved that. I was watching Inside LSU Football the other day and it really showed just how much those kids really love Miles. The faith they have in Miles. It really gave me a different perspective on things. I really hope things get fixed on O because this team has as much talent as anyone.

Geaux Tigers! Geaux LSU!!!

6. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Miles was an under sized Ol at Michigan. He over came that was a pretty good college OL. That is the way he is - he over comes, he adapts and he improvises. He is a winner. I think that bothers some Tiger fans, as they aren't

1 person likes this.
  7. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

For someone who was a teacher your sure need to take some courses in reading comprehension. My post was filled with the words "some" and "might", neither indicating an absolute or more than a few. I guess you can keep trying to beat your drum, but the only one listening is you.It's obvious you don't agree with my assessment, and that is fine. For a change why don't you debate the actual topic instead of trying debate the intelligence of the poster. Oh wait you can't, you have no real opinion about the issues, just a desire to try and make yourself feel important.