Songs that make your skin crawl

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by CajunlostinCali, Feb 22, 2010.

1. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Speaking of Jimmy Johnson, what's up with him being on Extenze commercials now? I saw him the other night and had a good laugh. Some people will do anything for more money. I mean, your basically saying you've got a small d***.

As for Joplin, any chick that can put down some Southern Comfort with ease is an alcoholic. That's probably why she was the oldest looking 27-year-old ever.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

3. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Anything by U2. :lol:

Seriously, most songs that make my skin crawl is thanks mostly to the radio ruining it for me.

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

THANK you!!!

5. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Nope, that doesn't count. He said it to be controversial with the lol smiley face. Plus, he already had about 20 entries in this thread and never mentioned them.

Let me make your skin really crawl now:

"U2’s massive 360° Tour wasn’t just the biggest trek this year in terms of sheer size: the band’s latest jaunt supporting No Line on the Horizon has also been named the year’s most successful show by concert tracker Pollstar. Their research also revealed that despite the recession, concert ticket sales for the top 50 tours were up this year across the board compared to 2008’s final numbers. That’s thanks largely to U2, who easily surpassed all other acts by selling 1.3 million tickets during the first leg of their 360° Tour, grossing $123 million along the way.

Even more impressive, every one of the 244 shows U2 played this decade was a sell-out, a stat no other artist can match. The Irish rockers will be well on their way toward being the biggest touring act in the 2010s when the second leg of their 360° Tour launches next summer. The tour has thus far grossed $312 million worldwide."

Ha! But seriously, they get very overexposed and I can see how people get sick of them at times.

6. BAY0U BENGAL

I believe I'll speak for myself, thanks. I don't like U2. I think their music sucks and change any channel they're on. Never listed them before because that would mean I would have to acknowledge their existence. But since it was brought up, the :lol: was out there to keep the thread light. But thanks for the history lesson. Maybe you could put up more stats and some pics to be like somebody else I know. :dis:

1 person likes this.
  7. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Dude, it was a JOKE. You know what that is? You're obviously one of those people that I said could use a few beers because your skin crawls too easily based on the # of bands/songs that you listed.

I said at the end of my last post how I definitely see how people get sick of U2.

By the way, I just got you to acknowledge their existence. Yes!!

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

You ought to drink a few beers with him before you both go to the latest U2 concert together with two front row tickets and see how Bono sings when he unleashes his taser from front row range.

Bono will sound a lot like the other Bono. :hihi:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HaPoDQW6_I[/media]

Now that ought to make both of youall crawl out of your skin !!!:popcorn:.

9. BAY0U BENGAL

I know. I'm actually pretty laid back already, but context is lost through the web. It's all good. The reason most of these songs make our skin crawl is because of constant radio time.

10. downtown

downtown Founding Member

It's cool Bayou. I'm of the laid back variety as well.

stevescookin - That Sonny Bono cover didn't make my skin crawl, but it did give me a good laugh. He must have drank a case of 24 before doing that cause he sounded $hitfaced. God, that was awful.