Songy said that SID announced LSU/UF to be a "White Out" game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Oct 6, 2003.

1. lsu nut

lsu nut Founding Member

I thought I heard on a broadcast that the SEC made a rule that when the teams that are playing are both SEC then the home team has preference period. The NCAA rule is the one where the visiting team can decline. I remember hearing the SEC rule go into effect around 3 years ago. I could be wrong but I think the SEC does allow the home team to decide.

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I dont like the way too many fans come to LSU games. Its a ball game not a fashion show. And we all have to admit it looks awesome when they do aerial shots of a Nebrasska, Texas, or Oklahoma game and all the fans are wearing the same color.

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Nebraska, Texas, Oklahoma - All Red, All Orange, All Red - Boring, Boring Boring. I like the fact that Tiger Stadium is filled with a mixture of Purple and Gold. The Big Cat dosen't need to be a CopyCat.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yeah, thats what I thought, too.

5. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

Maybe that's true. I just remember Spurrier saying one time that he wasn't going to force LSU to wear it's colors at home the last time he went to Baton Rouge because he said he didn't want to give the Tigers anything to be mad about or something to that effect. I just remember that he could have "forced" us to wear our colors at home, I think. Maybe I'm remembering wrong or something.

6. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

White Out?! That's a stupid idea. It's not even a team color!! We have to fill Tiger Stadium with home colors, not neutral. I don't think the entire stadium should be either gold or purple, but everyone should at least wear one of the two. I also don't think LSU purple looks too much like Florida blue.

7. RiverRidgeTiger

RiverRidgeTiger Founding Member

Our football team can wear whatever color they want...SEC rule amongst the SEC teams....I like the all yellow thing on the road because it stands out more for our team to see us, but not at home.

8. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

wear what you want just go nuts for 60 min.

9. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler Freshman

where did a white out come from???? why white?????

i agree. i like the purple and gold mess. looks like a mardi gras party. it fits the chaotic atmosphere.

10. ledfoot

ledfoot Founding Member

'white out' started when Vanderbuilt wouldn't let LSU where white jersy's in 98. The sentiment at the time was if we can't wear white on the field, we'll wear white in the stands. The rule about the home team's colors are if you want to wear anything other than dark colors, then you have to get permisson from the opponet before the season starts. It was also stated in today's paper.