Songy said that SID announced LSU/UF to be a "White Out" game...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Oct 6, 2003.

1. jimbeaux

jimbeaux "Have a Great Day"

ledfoot..i would love to read that article...how 'bout a link?

2. TennesseeTiger

TennesseeTiger Founding Member

I THOUGHT I was right...Which paper? The Advocate?

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It may be 85 degrees in the sun for this day game. A white shirt works for me in the sunshine. I usually wear purple at night. And gold on the road.

4. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

I remember the Vandy incident. Had to do with Dinardeaux being an ex coach or something at Vandy. They were the only team that would not allow us to wear the white jersey that year, so Dinardeaux asked the fans to wear white in the stands. They even started a white jersey club that year...my grandpa still has his white jersey club member hat.

5. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

yes, but then the rule changed again. when Dinardo first got the rule changed...the visiting team had to give permission....then it was changed AGAIN so that the home team now has the choice of what color to wear....so yes...now the HOME team can wear whatever color they want and the visiting cant do anything about it.

not to be a smartass:cool: but the vandy game was in '96...i believe that was Cecil Collins last game at LSU...i think he broke his leg that game and was kicked off the team the next summer.

memory lane

6. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

But wasn't there a game against SOS AT Florida that SOS chose to wear white which forced us to wear Purple??? Maybe that is why LSU is whiting out FL?

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I know the Vandy game that Cecil Collings played his last game in was in '97, because it was my freshman year of college. In '96 I would have still been in high school, and I remember watching the game in Hatcher Hall (I couldn't get tickets my freshman year because they were sold out)

8. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

The white out is from Florida not letting us where white a few years back. I heard Saban speak about it last night. He said if we're gonna do this, let's do it right. Everyone where white.