Sonic Country Fried Steak Toaster

Discussion in 'Good Eats' started by Deceks7, Feb 2, 2008.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Sullen carhops get to keep the change. I'll even add change from my pocket if it seems light. Cheerful and efficient carhops get a buck. Sometimes a buck with change if it's a bigger order.

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

I have had sonic only once since it opened. The waits are two hours and then that is just to order. Getting a foot-long chili and something to drink will take an entire 3 hours out of your day. The only time we have been was like 10:30 in the morning on a week day. Otherwise I look at pictures on the internet. Geaux's to show though that near everyone out here is a transplant. Just sayin.

3. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

I don't understand how you could possibly have a 2 hour wait at a Sonic. I have been to several different Sonics where every parking space was full and I still had my order in 15 or 20 minutes. Do they have a line around the block for a couple miles or something? Sounds like a business opportunity Cali!

4. red55

Me either. It ain't that damn good.

5. KyleK

No kidding. Their burgers and tots are average, at best. I wasn't addressing the food quality in my op, but I totally agree w/ you. There is one literally 3 blocks from my house. The kids ride their bikes up there for ice cream, but I probably only eat there 3 or 4 times per year.

6. red55

The food is pretty good for fast food, actually. But a two-hour wait is NOT fast food. I won't wait two hours for NOBODY's restaurant. Never been to K-Pauls, too many damn fine alternatives to wait that long for food.

7. KyleK

which in my book is, at best, average.

8. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

In a town where In-and-Out Burger rules the fast food roost, that's a damn shame...

Why do you tip? That's what Sonic pays them to do and they don't make $2.15 an hour like sit-down restaurants.

They opened in new Sonic up in Lakeshore (Monroe) a couple years ago and on opening day they gave away free food to have a day of training for the new people. The line was down the street and cops were out directing traffic. I waited about 30 minutes.

:confused:

Sonic has really gone downhill. When I was in high school (1991-1994) they had the best fast food burger in town. After practice if I didn't swing by Taco Bandito, I was swinging through Sonic for a Brown Bag Special. I'd upgrade to a Supersonic and chili/cheese tots after games.

9. red55

It depends on the sonic and its all about the management. The one on Perkin's road in BR is pretty pathetic service and the kitchen ain't the best either. Other sonics around the country are just great, with smiling friendly carhops and food like the old mom-n-pop burger joints.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Wow, a whole lot of Top Hat Drive-In lovin going on in this thread. One frito pie please!