Soo do ya think DJ Augustin is now rethinking his decision

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by T-Time, Mar 26, 2006.

1. T-Time

T-Time Never Satisfied

Maybe he now thinks he should have gone to LSU :grin:

2. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I wish that was the case, but I'm thinking not. Texas is a good program, and despite the fact that our Tigers sent them home, DJ is part of a 5 kid signing class that's #2 or #1 in this year's rankings. On top of that, Katrina really just screwed things up for his family. I think that DJ has a pretty good chance of playing right away at Texas, b/c Gibson's obviously not a point, and Paulino is gone. He has to compete with AJ Abrams, who's a freshman that is getting good playing time now, but probably can hold his own.

That being said, I DO think that a kid like DJ coming to LSU next year would have been very special. And, I DO think that Brady is going to be taken VERY seriously now in all recruiting discussions he has with players. Let's not lose hope for Tack Minor. I also think after this season, we may see Garrett Temple more at point as a spell/alternative for Tack, and I could see a G.Temple playing at point, Mason at off guard (backed up by Martin) and Tas' at SF. It's not a given DJ would have started for us...

I will say, however, Jai Lucas... you could be the point guard of the future for the final four LSU Tigers.

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. Ignore the Big 12, kids. Go to a real basketball conference--THE SEC.

3. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Greg Oden and the rest of that Ohio State class will certainly be #1.

Although I'd love DJ to be a Tiger, I think it would be a huge problem if players started switching school commitments every time one of their secondary choices outperformed the school they commited to. For example, it would be heartbreaking to see RP leave us for Texas (not because Vince Young left and there is an open spot, but because they won the National Title and we only went to a second tier bowl).

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

He signed his LOI. They don't want to lose a year.

5. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

6. Vega$$ainT

Vega$$ainT Founding Member

are we even looking at signing anybody this offseason? I know we had the two transfers, but rivals doesn't even list a player going to lsu. what are we going to do if davis or thomas bolts to the nba?

eric

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

We :bncry:

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Depend on Rolle, Tasmin, Temple, Minor, Ben V., Martin, Lazarre, etc.

9. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Hey! You took my Big Mac!

We're hungry!