Sooo.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Aug 31, 2014.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Bet Godchaux ends up being a starter. We rotate all of the dline do that we are fresh at the end of games.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Didn't realize until I read it in the paper this morning that Kwon was benched for awhile in the first half.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I suspect Les was sending messages to guys who loaf in practice. Some people on the D-line who expected to play did not.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

We haven't shut down the middle since Kelvin Shepherd left. He was a smart linebacker with lots of skill. Need more his size back there. 6-2 252 with a 4.7 forty, which prob translated faster as football speed.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Kevin Minter had a pretty darn good last year.

lsu-i-like, StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  6. onceanlsufan

onceanlsufan Founding Member

I have to agree with Red. Minter and Shepp both had good DTs to allow the LBs to be LBs. The inside is going to have to step up ... collapse holes, and be present.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Let's not forget Chavis likes to try and get pressure with the front 4. When we blitz it's usually with a safety. If White, Thomas, Robinson and company are going to lock down receivers, that's going to allow LSU to send pressure from the LB and Safety positions and when that happens.........

lsu-i-like likes this.
  8. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Welter may not be the fastest guy, but he does contribute. I also noticed him making sure people were in position. If Chavis has faith in him, so do I. The 11 season defense was a freak of nature we may never see again. I think the current unit will improve as the season progresses. The DB's will be our saving grace this year.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I can't argue with a man that will simply quote a stat like tackles and state that the player "contributed" in the game and was an important factor. You did the same thing last year quoting stats.

If you simply can't see what is in front of you, then you're simply hopeless. Plus you've bought in to this side of the argument from day 1 and obviously have way too much pride (not surprisingly) to admit you're just dead wrong.

But what is most alarming about Welter is when he is away from the action, he "saunters" over to where the ball carrier is headed. You have the DVR, it's going to be glaringly right in front of your face. If you decide you want to see it.

It's one thing to be overmatched in terms of athleticism, it's quite another to not give your VERY BEST effort, given the fact that's you're already struggling based on said lack of athleticism.

Oh yeah, there is a drive where Wisconsin in approaching our 10 yard line, and as was described by the announcer the ball carrier "dragged Welter". What middle linebacker do you know that should be getting "dragged" by a running back?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Wrong because you say so? Not a chance. Why do you say Welter did not contribute when it is clear that he is one of the leading tacklers? In fact, the leading returning tackler from last year.

I keep asking you to tell me the plays that Welter did not contribute on last Saturday. You can't do it. You have it in your mind (and have stated) that Welter intentionally runs away from plays, is afraid on contact, doesn't contribute, offers nothing, and it is a mystery why he is being played by Chief. I understand why you wish to ignore the stats. I understand why you won't name the plays in which Welter failed to contribute. Because it doesn't back up your claims.