Sooo.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Aug 31, 2014.

1. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Reminds me of a friend who use to run a very successful business. He had a number of employees who had been with him for many years and were loyal. My friend went to a seminar and "learned", "Don't put up with anything short of top quality. If an employee can't do the job you need, he/she's a liability, replace that employee with one who can." He started with his "worst employee", his manager and found that his "worst employee" wasn't as bad as he had thought. By then, it was too late, morale quickly took a nose dive and within two years, he was bankrupt with many of his "less than top quality employees" finding their way to his major competitor.

Back to football... islstl --- Sounds like you agree that while Welter is not the best, all things considered, he's the best we've got right now. I sure don't pretend to know nearly as much about the X's and Os of football as you do and sure do appreciate almost all of your posts, but just don't understand your passionate rage against a Tiger and those second and third in line for his mlb position who are doing the best they can.

red55, LSUDad and ParadiseiNC like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think if we had a better option that person would be out there. I have dogged out Welter in the past but the dude is a Tiger and I'm not gonna do it anymore.

gyver, GregLSU, red55 and 2 others like this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

The safety for Wiskey did lead the team in tackles, Caputo with 15, but he was near the line all night, at times, between the line and LB'ers.

DJ is the best Chief has, Chief has been doing this too long. He will give up some things for others, always has, always will. He gives up size (Weight) for speed. There is a method to his madness. Its worked well for this long. I've said before, you could fire the guy and he wouldn't make it to his car from the office without a job offer.

Many people use to rag on Danny McCray, undrafted out of LSU, he is in his 5th year with the NFL. When the Special Teams coach moved from the Cowboys to the Bears, Danny was the player he wanted with him.

I don't know everything, but I know DJ for now, is what Chief wants in that position. You could see DJ moving the younger DL over at times into a gap, on the nose, etc., he's seeing something in the formation that others don't.

gyver and Brian like this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Stop calling Wisconsin "Wiskey", for God's sake.

leroy7500, red55 and LSUDad like this.
  5. islstl

That's commendable. I respect you for that.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How do you think Sparty will do against the Ducks?

Tiger in NC and LSUDad like this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Sorry if it bothers you, just easier to type. Oh, I'll spell it out, Whisky, is that better? Are you a fan of Whisky?

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I'm going with the Ducks. Not much on Sparty. USCE is the one I want to see rebound.

9. islstl

I've never in my life heard Wisconsin nicknamed "whiskey".

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I have but I have quite a few Big10 friends. Heard it on ESPN or FoxSports the other day too.

LSUDad likes this.