SOTU

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 26, 2011.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If Obamacare is a trashheap, how come the only ones that want it repealed are the far right, and congress. Most people wanted it reformed and fixed, not repealed. Lets make it better not scrap progress.

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I didn't say repeal it. I don't think that's worth pursuing. I think someone has to analyze it and report on what should stay and what should go. I advocate a moratorium on enacting it until this is done. There is no way that the entire bill should be enacted. It's a nightmare of bureaucracy and an unnecessary burden financially.

Barry didn't have a problem with shutting down offshore drilling based upon scant information so he shouldn't have a problem with this.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Some americans. Let me repeat . . .he's going to be re-elected by another narrow majority. Wise up.

4. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

I agree with Red...I don't see Obama getting beat by anyone that the republicans have right now. There just isn’t anyone out there that can compete, and time is of the essence here. There is now way someone can bankroll a campaign to match Obama’s if they don’t start collecting serious contributions now.
    An interesting thought though…what if a Democrat, let’s say Hillary, wants to challenge the incumbent as a independent?

5. SabanFan

Educated, gainfully employed Americans.

If the economy continues to tank, Obama won't even beat Donald Trump.

6. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

and that's pretty much it. the economy will decide, people vote their pocketbooks.

So, are you hoping for economic failure, to see Obama go down? I'm just curious, because I listened to your hero Beck rail on dems when Bush was president, saying they were hoping America failed.

7. SabanFan

Yeah. I want to retire on a meager income and have to live like you.:dis:

If Obama gets re-elected it will be because the economy is relatively robust and it will mean that he has moved to the center. Both are good things and I would be happy to see him re-elected under that scenario. What I don't want is for a bunch of union thieves, lazy ass welfare recipients who need to be paid to vote and illegal alien supporters deciding who will run the country. That's what happened last time.

Also, I haven't watched Beck in at least 6 months.

8. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

9. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

This is pathetic. I guess their little 50B over 5 years cutting means doing something.

The OLD Republicans and Democrats are nothing but the problem. And those that voted them in are guilty as well.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What ignorant bullchit. You are believing your own propganda if you seriously believe that all democrats are poor and unemployed. It's part of the Republican self-delusion.

The economy has been recovering for two years, Jethro. Do you ever read the newpaper? The banks have repaid, the DOW is approaching 12,000, friggin' AIG may even pay back this year.