SouperTiger, nice job, I just followed the thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, Oct 9, 2007.

1. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

SouperTiger, I want to commend you for the post on the Gator Board. It was a great example of how most fans of most universities are really good people. It's unfortunate how you can be having a great thread exchange with opposing fans when one a$$ jumps in and does exactly what everyone on the thread is condemning. I often wonder how many sickos there are out there. I'm guessing Hollywood will be one of the guys thrown in jail next year after having a drunken fight with a drunken LSU fan. These fans go to games looking to insult the other fans. It's ashame this seems to be getting worse year after year. I still hold up the Virginia Tech game as an example of how two teams fans can have great fun at a collegiate football game.

Great job with your post!

For those interested, here is the thread:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?p=466865#poststop

2. soupertiger

soupertiger Founding Member

Well I've been lurking there and here a long time and I don't post much on either board. I LOVE LSU but still respect what I call our SEC family. After all the SEC has the best damn rivalries of any conference (In my humble opinion). It just seems to me that things are starting to get ugly and good rivalries are turning into hate for some reason. That is not needed in college football. If what was said by Tebows dad in that interview is true (messages about raping his mom, death threats, etc) then that goes well beyond any prank level. I'm not really trying to convince anyone over there but at least maybe they will understand a little better. I think most of them read Tigerdroppings and I'm not knocking that board but they seem to have a bunch of immature people whereas this board is mostly full of level headed decent LSU fans. I got tired at the end of being attacked so I left the thread. I LOVE everything LSU and bleed purple and gold but what some people did this weekend tarnished what was truly a game to remember. Also before I get flamed by others :lol: I am no PRUDE in any sense of the word. I just can't see why some fans resort to some of the most immature behavior imagineable. :cheers:

2 people like this.
  3. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

There just needs to be some sanity. I get the feeling LSU will hear from the Television Network about the very clear **** Tebow chants. And they should. It is so immature, the kids know exactly what the are doing and want to be noticed for it. Chants like that only fire up the other team to play harder against you. And sometimes it causes retaliation which is never good. I'm sure there will be some pretty bad things coming from UF's student section next year. If we just focus on being loud so the other team can't hear their signals then we accomplish so much more, a true home field advantage. All the other insults and profanity are just not healthy.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

You know what's even scarier? There's a chick on that board named GatorPrincess with over 14,000 posts. Her join date is April '07. How the hell is that possible? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't disagree with you, but here's my take. VT is not a bitter conference rival, plus with the incident in June, most fans were on their best behavior. With conference rivals, especially those that have beaten us recently (AU, FLA, etc), emotions at these games are a little higher, so more of these type incidents rear their ugly heads. And we all know, it's not just confined to LSU. To me, the opposing SEC stadiums I've been in with the vilest fans has to be Tennessee. Ugh.

5. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

:shock: WOW:shock:

Thats 74 post a day, Every day since she joined!!

and thats giving her from April 1st to October 10!

6. Berge

Berge Founding Member

Everyone on that site seems to have joined in April '07...

They probably redid the site, but kept the post counts for everyone.

7. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I agree with what your saying. I feel the Virginia Tech game could have been pretty ugly with our fans. Remember, they opted out of playing us the next year after beating us and there was some pretty harsh treatment of our fans when we were up there. It just showed when there is an emphasis on better fan behavior it can be accomplished. I dread the day when a fan throws something on the field and hits a player in the head. Then there will be a big crackdown on bad behavior. I just wish it could start now before it gets worse. The high majority of fans are great, it's just the crazy bad apples out there.

8. meauxjeaux2

meauxjeaux2 Founding Member

nice work souper.That is the one site I have not registered for,because I know I could not keep my cool over there.Hell I can hold my cool on the trojans board.Not floridas.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'll bet that's alot easier now, given what happened to them on Sat. :hihi: