Sourdoughman---Rejuvenated thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Thibodaux Tiger, Oct 11, 2003.

1. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

C'mon guys.

Let's not start attacking each other. We're all disappointed in the loss. Everyone has a right to express themselves no matter how long they've been a member. Let's just keep the discussion to the field of play and leave the personal shots out.

Keep your heads up. All is not lost.

2. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

Sourdoughman has the same negative messages of someone the ppl of the Rant will know if they are any here. He almost sounds like Voice of the LSU Nation.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This site didn't exist in the early 90's that I know of because
    Al Gore didn't invent the internet and I didn't have my first
    computer until 93

If u read my post you would've seen the earthquake game
    listed, and all the basketball games I have on vhs and dvd so
    how could I not?

I remember Chad Loope QB against Fla St and Jamie Horward's
    miracle game giving Auburn the game.

I use to watch with a good friend in those days, and I remembering beating Alabama back then I think it was one win
    of maybe 5 or 6 that year.

btw don't you think u should be more concerned about the
    teams performance than questioning me or are you people
    happy with the way they played?

You won't win championships with accepting this horrible
    offensive performance

4. Sourdoughman

This is stupid,

Negative message when i'm criticizing an offense that has done
    nothing this year.

A little bit of criticizm?

Were on the same team i though

5. mgreer1

mgreer1 Founding Member

Brett is right everyone is pissed about some part of the game, we just need to cool down a bit. I am not got to play the "Georgia Excuse Game" i.e. blame it on something else. It just came down to big plays and FL made more.

It it time for everyone to keep our heads up. The way this Sat. is shaping up we are not the only ones that are dissappointed in our teams games.

:geaux:

6. L5UTiger

L5UTiger Founding Member

You are right. I should call Coach Saban right now and explain to him that his offense didnt play well this weekend, and hasn't played all that well against the meat of our SEC schedule for the last two years. I am quite sure that he would be surprised at this shocking revelation.

Instead of just posting over and over how our offense is bad, try posting something that merits discussion about what specifically is wrong with the offense in your mind and how it could possibly be fixed. You may be surprised that posters would actually discuss what you have to say rather than tell ya to shut the hell up like they are now.

For example:

We have been having trouble running the football. I believe that it could possibly be because we had our two starting runningbacks out with injury tonight.

As for the last couple of years, I seem to remember LSU having trouble on short yardage situations. Does anyone share my view? Could it be that our offensive line that was supposed to be one of our strong suits of our team is a poor run blocking unit? They seem to pass block very well, but run blocking seems to be a bit lacking. May this be due to our lineman being more agile than powerful? I do know that our strength and conditioning is very well respected around the USA, so what could it be?

Do you see how the above message could potentially start a decent exchange of ideas?

Now let me paraphrase one of your many posts from this evening:

We stink on offense.

Do you see the difference?

7. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

Along the lines of LSUTiger's comments, what would be the explanation for the apparent lack of communication between the quarterback and the receivers evidenced by misconnections on routes, etc.?

8. Sourdoughman

That wasn't my origional post adn if people would stop attacking
    me maybe i would then

9. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I was in attendance of the earthquake game!!! :)
    Not only in attendance, but in the Auburn section!

10. LSU4Life

LSU4Life Founding Member

Sourdoughman, have you ever thought logically about your statement to paraphrase, "We only beat up on creampuff teams"? Doesn't it make sense that you don't roll up huge scores on good teams? When you get to this level of play, you're not going to see a lot of dominating, one-sided blowouts. What you will see are rock-solid opportunistic defenses that any offense will look bland against.