South Carolina may be getting a little too "cocky"

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Apr 26, 2005.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'd have to rank them up there with Cubs and Saints fans.

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I have never understood this love-fest for USC fans.

They have not consistently sold out their games through their horrible years. They had a good amount of fans show up but I think UF, UT, and LSU fans would have done the same.

3. philter

philter Founding Member

Spurrier should be feeling a bit of pressure about now.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you must have steve superior mixed up with someone else.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

--------S. Carolina------------LSU

1998--15th--75,000---------10th--80,290

1999--14th--78,000---------12th--78,600

2000--11th--81,900----------5th--87,800

2001--11th--82,600----------5th--90,500

2002--10th--82,100----------5th--90,300

2003--13th--80,800----------6th--90,900

2004--The rankings aren't on the NCAA site yet.

Anyway, I think an average of 12th over this period is pretty good for a program that has one one ACC football championship and thatis it. The official capacity is 80,250 so they do fill it up pretty good most weeks. Over capacity the past 7 years.

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Pressure? you jest.... The OBC has it made..... a game he has loved for decades has made him filthy, stinkin' rich. Hell, he's even rumored to be on the short list for membership at Augusta National (as close to Heaven on earth as it gets for us hackers ). Spurrier is already developing cult-like status as the 'Cock of all 'Cocks, and he's being discussed daily around SEC watercoolers everywhere. Steve Spurrier absolutley loves being the center of attention .... and that's exactly where he is at. I'll bet the first thing he said after accepting the USC job was, "Damn, it's good to be Steve Spurrier and it's good to be back"

And the media is definitely loving the fact that Spurrier is back. They're practically creaming at the chance to report on the bonanza of sound bites they know is coming. Let's face it, you gotta' love the guy even if he is a jackass.

He knows he has plenty of time to work with because "Steve" is good for business. He's knows he's in position to regularly tweak the noses of several SEC foes for which he has been a longtime nemesis, namely Georgia and Tennessee, but now add Florida. And then there's "Clempsun"..... the SC fans have been getting their noses rubbed in it by the "taters" and the "dawgs" for years, so there's no doubt that they look to Spurrier to release them from their Hell.

No, I think I disagree...... even in the face of NCAA Sanctions (link below), the Old Ball Coach is as happy as my dog on barbeque rib night.
    State article: NCAA Sanctions

[​IMG]

7. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Spurrier has admitted in interviews after he left UF that one of his biggest reasons for quitting UF and moving to another job was A) He wanted the NFL Challenge and B) Losing just 1-2 games at UF was a disappointment to many and the pressure was to unbearable.

So...it isnt that far off to think it is there for him now.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

saban also said he wasn't interested in NFL jobs. :hihi: :hihi: