South Carolina shootings

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by red55, Jun 19, 2015.

1. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Westboro Baptist ranks right down there.

Bengal B and LSUDad like this.
  2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Yep I think you trumped me.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

There is an interesting point here....who owns the definition of a word? Words get thrown around quite easily; racist, sexist, homophobe, even freedom. The current flag issue seems to revolve around heritage vs hate. Someone who doesn't support gay marriage is labeled a homophobe. I have my issues with the leftist narrow hijacking of the word feminist.

Each side has a tendency to believe they have defined a hot issue word correctly. Does it really get us anywhere?

Bengal B likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Good point

This is ALL it revolves around, to think it is anything else is fooling yourself

Of course it doesn't

It is a complete lack of education, understanding, or to cut it short, rational thinking.

LSUDad and LaSalleAve like this.
  5. Tiger in NC

Tiger in NC There's a sucker born everyday...

this is how the media has framed it but it's not really about heritage or hate.

Good point. I have family members who do not support Gay Marraige but have several gay friends and who are far from being homophobic.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well duh

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are they heterophobic?

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Have those guys disappeared since the old lunatic died?

9. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

no, they planned to picket funerals in charleston, but the city passed a temporary ordinance on distance or something like that.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I thought they had for a while. After his death their website, http://godhatesfags.com was down but I just checked and it's back up.

They also have these other websites:

Sister Sites
    • GodHatesIslam.com - God hates all false religious systems. That includes Islam.
    • GodHatesTheMedia.com - The worldwide media is in place for WBC to preach through. What they mean for evil God means for good.
    • SignMovies.com - Brief, fascinating videos that offer Bible-based expositions of the message of WBC.
    • GodHatesTheWorld.com - Country-by-country explanation of why God hates the world.
    • JewsKilledJesus.com - What the Bible teaches about the final fate of the nation of Israel for murdering the Messiah.
    • BeastObama.com - A Scriptural look at the rising beast and how he is going to usher in the destruction of the world.
    • PriestsRapeBoys.com - The Catholic Church: the largest, most well-funded and organized pedophile machine in history.
    • blogs.SpareNot.com - Chronicles the worldwide street preaching ministry of Westboro Baptist Church!