Southern Cal is not in the 64 team baseball bracket?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by JETigER, Jun 3, 2004.

1. JETigER

JETigER Founding Member

USC didnt have a chance to win the football national title.

USC didnt have a chance to win the basketball national title.

Surely i thought they would have a chance to win the baseball national title?
    but it doesnt look like it.

2. Wolf04

Wolf04 Founding Member

Who cares? They aren't really known for their stellar baseball so thats really no surprise. Honestly. I am getting sick of all the USC threads. I mean, i realize that not all of the threads are going to be about LSU, but at least 2-3 times a day somebody makes a thread about how USC isn't good at this or USC said that. We need to move on.

3. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Wolf, what are you talking about USC isnt known for their stellar baseball. Lookup and see how many National Championships USC has won. Dont get me wrong, I cant stand them either, but they are a baseball power.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Definitely a strong baseball tradition, up there with Florida State, Miami, and Texas.

I wonder what's going on with their program? Did their head coach recently retire?

5. BB

BB Founding Member

I'm not sure what the deal is, but they are historically a baseball powerhouse, no question about it.

They went 24-32 overall and 11-13 in league play. The Pac-10 may have been better than usual this year, I'm not sure (they did get 2 national seeds).

I did read that they had 2 kids on the All Pac-10 team this year - one was a Sophomore catcher (2nd straight year all-conference) and the other was a freshman pitcher. So, I guess the future will be brighter.

Also, it looks like 6 or 7 California teams made the Tournament this year. I have no idea how many typically go, but it suggests to me that baseball recruiting is getting more and more competitive in California.

6. Wolf04

Wolf04 Founding Member

Oh. Well i guess that just shows my lack of knowledge about college baseball. I thought i read somewhere that they wern't good at baseball. I guess I must have them mixed up with another team.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

nah their dominance was long ago before any school really cared about fielding a baseball team but it will never be duplicated. skip's accomplishments are more amazing due to the competition imo.

8. Soap

Soap Founding Member

USC has been horrible since 2000. They won all their NC the same way the Bear won his at bama, by cheating with scholarships.