Southern's National Championship

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsugrad00, Apr 22, 2004.

1. ramah

ramah Founding Member

What a pissing contest

I'm proud of Southern winning it all. Great for BR & Louisiana. We all know where the best football talent in America lies. Right here at home. Period. End of story.

Martin & TE are just a couple of sissies that need a good biotch-slapping.
    Time to slam this thread into the Smack-Down bucket and take off the gloves between these two. You girls be sure to get a manicure first ;)

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Ramah...Warm our hearts again by telling us about what a big brain you have...All that brain food you ate in Antigua...Calimari, wasn't it?

Regale us with your fireside chats about LSU blowing its shot at the National Title Against Ole Miss again? Thinking I didn't know who set the lines in Vegas and acting like the village idiot when I put you in your place?

Please...We're all DYING to hear about your latest brain flatulences...Err...Pontifications...

Bless us all with some more of your wit and witticisms, a veritable manna from the LSU Sports Heaven...Or is that just dandruff from your dome your scratching into the air?

Gimme a break...

3. TigerEducated

martin...Does the NCAA recognize USC's national championship?

martin...Does the NCAA recognize SU's national championship?

Better yet, how can you legitimize a conference-such as the SWAC-who plays games against conference foes that don't count against its conference record?

Lastly, please link to me where the respective member conferences use a system in tandem with the Sheridan Poll to name this champion, and what are the criterion other than a subjective poll voted upon by a subjective group of individuals who are not recognized, sanctioned, or subject to any regulation or oversight?

I'll be waiting...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

4. martin

martin Banned Forever

grow up man. southern won the championship amongst the shools it considers its peers, in the manner that was pre-agreed upon by those schools. USC didnt. southern isnt claiming to have won something it didnt. i know you so badly want to disagree with me because in the past i have made you look silly, but let it go.

5. TigerEducated

Silly...Like saying no police officer or law on the books coerces you to obey it? Like saying that no one will stop you from robbing a bank, and nothing deters you?

You still claim you didn't say these things on the other board, and you continually think that you made me look silly by telling me how you felt about those things. You hid behind Brett when you didn't apply your OWN rules about laws and governmental authorities to Maurice Clarett in a recent discussion.

Now you sit here making some straw man argument, and I disagree because I don't like you? Trust me, I don't like you, but I disagree because you're ignorant.

LSU was actually the Louisiana State Champion last year, if you ask ANY of the state schools. We were the best...So, next year, can LSU be the Louisiana State Champion College Football Team?

If they all agree to it, by your own admission, then of course, yes, they can...but, how legitimate does that make it in the eyes of the public...not only in this area, but outside of our little humble abode?

Get real, and get over yourself...Your delusions of granduer notwithstanding, you're just being ignorant by legitimizing something that has no legitimacy.

If you perceive me as disagreeing with your opinions because of some deep seated ire for you, I can assure you you're mistaken. I dislike you, but I don't hold grudges...I just don't forget idiocy. You seem to be in great supply of a large inventory of it. So, it's pretty easy to dredge up your constant examples you're so nice to provide.

6. TigerEducated

BTW-Should I hold my breath for information that will back up your claims of legitimacy, or are you going to try to hide behind the conjured up thought in your mind that I have some kind of grudge against you?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Southern is not claiming to be the NCAA Division 1AA National Champion. They are the Mythical Black College National Champions under the agreed upon rules for determining the Mythical Black National Championship, just as LSU, since there is no playoff system for Division 1A, is the Mythical NCAA National Champion as crowned by the BCS under the agreed upon rules before the season started. Unlike USC trying to claim that their AP writers vote is the equal of LSU, Southern is not claiming that they are the true D1AA champs over Delaware who won that title on the field.

It dosen't matter that the number of historically black colleges who compete for the MBNC is a small group. I recently became aware that bowling is a recognized NCAA sport with a system for crowning a national champion. There are only 40 schools that have NCAA bowling teams (Southern is one of them, LSU is not) and 32 of them make the playoffs.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

look man, the invitiation to rehash your misunderstandings of my positions on free speech is alley is there. however i wont address your lies here, so find somebody else to annoy. you are wasting your time baiting me.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What I don't understand is why anybody would want to denigrate what Southern has accomplished. No, its no way near what LSU has accomplished and its not even the equal of the D1AA National Championship but Southern was the best among its peers and deserves the ensuing recognition.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

*** Sheridan Broadcasting Network Black College Football Poll ***

[size=-1](As of Monday, December 15th) 2003 Team (First-place votes) Record Points ------------------------ ------ ------ 1. Southern Jaguars (30) 12-1 300 2. Grambling State Tigers 9-3 246 3. Bethune-Cookman Wildcats 9-3 227 4. North Carolina A&T Aggies 10-3 174 5. Alabama State Hornets 8-5 123 6. Fayetteville State Broncos 8-3 119 7. Albany State Rams 9-2 79 8. Hampton Pirates 7-4 55 9. South Carolina State Bulldogs 8-4 43 10. Alabama A&M Bulldogs 8-4 29 Others receiving votes: Tennessee State 27, Winston-Salem State 21, Alcorn State 16, Fort Valley State 11, Kentucky State 7. [/size]

That didn't come out in the same format I copied it in but Southern at 12-1 won 2 more games than the next best team eligible to be in the Sheridan Poll