Space the final frontier.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by olVENICEdog, Mar 20, 2006.

1. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Or leave a space open for LSU in the final 4?

Looking at the teams that Duke beat this year (Memphis, Indiana, VTec, Tex, Wake, Maryland, NC St, BC and GW) you would think that LSU doesn’t have a chance to win. Then when you look at the teams that Duke lost too (Georgetown, Fl St. and NC) you might just say hold up LSU does have a chance. Bottom line is that Duke is a two-man team. Keep JJ under 26 and get Sheldon ugly duck Williams in foul trouble and LSU has a chance. The keys to this game will be Defensive rebounding, and LSU has to hit 80% of their free throws. If the bench can kick in 21 points that would be great.

Like I said b/4 the planets must be aligned in order for LSU to pull this upset. If you paid attention this year you will know that OVD is 100% when it comes to picking a winner. If LSU can do all of the above they should win by 3. My official pick is…………. Duke by 11 or more ending a great season by CJB and LSU. You never know I had my telescope out last night and beyond the smog and betwixed the lights towards the bottom left side of the moon I could see Mars and Jupiter fighting for position and a small tiny spaceship w/Les Miles and Ryan Perrilloux. :laflagwav :usaflagwa :laflagwav :usaflagwa

2. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

i think its more of an even matchup than most think. Many experts and I have said all along, LSU matches up well with Duke. We have an answer for the big fugly alien so we can concentrate more on the robot from beyond the arch. I think the key to beating Duke is getting over the fact that we're playing DUKE. Other than that free throws are crucial for us like always and DEFENSE REBOUNDING. We CAN NOT allow them to capitalize on second chance points....

3. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Yes, and hopefully JJ goes as cold as he did in the ACC tourney against NC !

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

You were doing great until 80% on free throws and 21 points from our bench. Can't see either of those things happening. That said, I'm still optimistic about our chances.

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

imo, the only real negative is that coach K has almost a week to get ready for you... he's been pretty good at stuff like that.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

That is just more of a common saying than anything else. Not sure it holds very much merit. It is most common during the weeks before bowl game in football.

7. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

there are many things LSU has to do to win:

stop shelden, im not sure GD can (too short and cant jump) or that TT can (too thin and undisciplined, though getting better. i imagine GD will be on shelden and TT will come help. will shelden get it to mcroberts?

stick to jj. obviously duke is used to teams trying to deny him the ball so that will be difficult--especially the way our D doesnt like to foul. i think he'll get his if he doesnt have the shanks.

a third weapon for LSU must step up. TT, TM or GT--if not LSU is toast.

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Actually, a week off gives the players time to further perfect their falling down skills by working with the head of the drama department.:grin:

9. macatak911

macatak911 CRAIG STELTZ = BEAST

and more time to negotiate contracts with zebras

10. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

I put a hamburger in the toaster and it popped out and said happy birthday?