Spartan poster ragging on Saban....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerfanintampa, May 13, 2004.

1. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

2. tigerfanintampa

tigerfanintampa Founding Member

The moderator deleted my posts. :lol:

3. DJ

DJ Founding Member

That is a delusional combination of sour grapes (the Spartan guy) and whistling past the graveyard (the Hotty Toddy's who chorus in with hopes of Nick's imminent departure to the NFL).

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

here's the link directly to mr sparty. Sparty is reasonably objective as Saban is ornery very often yet LSU fan's and MSU's views are on complete ends of the spectrum when it comes to him.

here

5. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

The MSU administration spun the story well after CNS left to make our hero look like the bad guy.

DON'T BELIEVE THE SPIN! NICK AND TERRY SABAN ARE WONDERFUL PEOPLE WHO ARE DOWN TO EARTH AND APPRECIATE THE HUMBLENESS AND SINCERITY OF OUR PEOPLE IN LOUISIANA!

Why, if I could pick my heir to sweep the Gulf clean of enemy merchant shipping, I'd pick CNS.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It seemed to be a pretty civilized discussion. As for the circumstances of him leaving Mich. St..... Well, leaving a job/resigning form a job is something that simply can not go over well enough to satisfy all parties involved. So there is bound to be some heartfelt opinions and "stories" of how it all happened. As for the Ole Miss fans on the thread, certainly there is the underlying hope that Saban will move to the nfl soon, but hey if I were them I would hope the same.

7. tirk

agree, was very civilized considering its like asking a bride left at the alter how they feel of the groom. And from what he spoke, the answer lies somewhere in the middle. Of course CNS could be all champagne and roses for years here and not go to the NFL ever. heh

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

It was civilized, it wa sa guy lying his arse off, disparaging Nick. I let him have a few words about what Saban is really like.

9. tirk

What was he lying about exactly? That Nick is about the money? That he is a miserable person at times? lol

10. BB

BB Founding Member

This guy actually brings up Saban being a jerk and not a very liked guy - man, you know you are kicking major ass on the field when the disgruntled fans you left behind are harping on your social skills and how nice you are. At LSU we have no idea what it's like to live in the shadow of another state school. Michigan State is and always will be 2nd to the University of Michigan - end of discussion. A decent Michigan coach will out recruit a fantastic Michigan State coach all day long. Nick Saban wasn't interested in playing that game, IMO. There was/is too much opportunity elsewhere with much deeper talent pools - and Saban proved the importance of recruiting after putting rings on the fingers of his first recruits in Clayton, Spears, Mauck, Hill, etc...