Special Bond... Special Players

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TGer'nLHornLand, Mar 23, 2006.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

I couldn't help but post this very nice article from Rosetta of the Advocate. It focuses on the close bond of Davis, Thomas, Mitchell and Temple, and contains lots of good tidbits on their background, their recruitment and their future prospects. Obviously, an undercurrent story may be, win or lose vs. Duke tonight, many LSU basketball fans should be looking next to what happens next year for this program. Does this dynamic team of local players bound together by far more than basketball in purple and gold uniforms stay to try to bring more magic to the PMAC, or not...

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/2504066.html

I guess my feeling is that despite many who say that D.Mitch will be hard to replace (and no doubt, his big shots and silent leadership will be missed), there is a real core of togetherness, basketball chemistry and leadership residing in these kids who have played together for so many years. You add to that core two very talented big guards (Martin and Mason) shoring up one of our longtime weaknesses--backcourt proficiency and depth, a healthy and hopefully a more more mature Tack, a more developed returning supporting cast of Rolle, Voogd and Johnson, as well as a dependable senior in Darnell, and this team really can and should achieve great things for the Purple and Gold. I hope the fans do realize what we've got here is special...

:geauxtige :bball: :champs: LSU IS A BASKETBALL SCHOOL. BEAT DUKE! THE MAGIC IS BACK IN THE PMAC!!!

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

So I am not the only one who is not getting sleep.

3. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

no way....I will be up for a few more hours....I seriously cant quit thinking about the game.

4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

We really do seem to have something special with these guys. How good has Collis Temple been for our program and the Baton Rouge area?

5. pheroy

pheroy Founding Member

Agreed about Temple and his family, they have been very good to LSU. Does anyone know if he is still involved in AAU and other local development activity, now that his progeny is past that point?

6. sassylsufan2002

sassylsufan2002 Founding Member

This has to be the best article I've read about the guys. You are right, they are a very special group. I especially liked the term "unfinished business", it seems to sound that they won't be completely happy until they try to win it all...while they're still together. These guys are on a mission and we're just lucky to be along for the ride!